• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Access to Files

diane_eder

Question

I am stumped. I have been using Easy Media Creator 8 since December, and I've worked through many problems. Now, however, I've come across one that has me completely stumped. I created a slide show and want to add some music and some additional pictures. Everytime I try to add anything, my entire computer hangs up. It is consistent through all of the Easy Media Creator 8 programs that I can no longer add files to anything. Even the Creator Classic program will not open at all because it gets hung up looking for source data. It was working fine until a few days ago. What would cause this? How can I get back up and running again? :)

3 answers to this question

I am stumped. I have been using Easy Media Creator 8 since December, and I've worked through many problems. Now, however, I've come across one that has me completely stumped. I created a slide show and want to add some music and some additional pictures. Everytime I try to add anything, my entire computer hangs up. It is consistent through all of the Easy Media Creator 8 programs that I can no longer add files to anything. Even the Creator Classic program will not open at all because it gets hung up looking for source data. It was working fine until a few days ago. What would cause this? How can I get back up and running again? :)

Hi diane,

Can you try something for me?, on the bottom right of the tool bar, there is an icon there called media manager (move mouse over the icons slowly to see there names)

can you select "don't watch media" and then select close this item, of if it has anything like "remove from system or tool bar" then do it.

now reboot and see if it returns...

you can also remove it though Add & remove applications in the control panel..

see below

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4432

Now if this is gone, try the slide show make now?

let us know how it went....

Hi diane,

Can you try something for me?, on the bottom right of the tool bar, there is an icon there called media manager (move mouse over the icons slowly to see there names)

can you select "don't watch media" and then select close this item, of if it has anything like "remove from system or tool bar" then do it.

see below

Hi diane,

see below

Neil -- Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried what you recommended and it still doesn't work. The mystery is that it was working fine, but quit. What happens is that if I can no longer access any of the photos, videos or music on any of my computer harddrives to put them into a video show. When using VideoWave 8, for one example, I open an existing slideshow and want to add audio and a few more pictures. When I click on Add Background Audio, the computer searches forever for the files. Eventually, the only way I can do anything else is to hit -- Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the VideoWave8 program which is shown as "not responding." This same thing happens if I want to add pictures or video to a new show. I cannot even open Roxio Classic because it gets hung up looking "loading source data."

There is something fundamentally wrong, and I cannot figure out what it is. I had a very special event tonight that I was trying to put together a program for. I just had a couple more pictures to add and one additional song to be done, and I can't get it done. I would appreciate any other ideas you have. Thank you.

Neil -- Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried what you recommended and it still doesn't work. The mystery is that it was working fine, but quit. What happens is that if I can no longer access any of the photos, videos or music on any of my computer harddrives to put them into a video show. When using VideoWave 8, for one example, I open an existing slideshow and want to add audio and a few more pictures. When I click on Add Background Audio, the computer searches forever for the files. Eventually, the only way I can do anything else is to hit -- Ctrl-Alt-Del and end the VideoWave8 program which is shown as "not responding." This same thing happens if I want to add pictures or video to a new show. I cannot even open Roxio Classic because it gets hung up looking "loading source data."

There is something fundamentally wrong, and I cannot figure out what it is. I had a very special event tonight that I was trying to put together a program for. I just had a couple more pictures to add and one additional song to be done, and I can't get it done. I would appreciate any other ideas you have. Thank you.

Have you added any programs since it was working properly? Have you run checks for spyware/adware, using programs like Ad-Aware or Spysweeper? Have you done a virus check? Have you defragged your hard drive?

Archived