• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Not Create Disk Image, Disk Volume Or Burn Bd Disk

yoyomaa

Question

Hi,

I am using Roxio 6.3 and I can not create disk image, disk volume or burn a disk.

When I try to create an image or a disk volume I get the following error:

The disc burning process was interrupted, either because of an error or because it was cancelled.

To avoid losing your project, click the «Try Again» button to try burning the disc again. You may also click the «Cancel» button and then save your project.

This error message always appears while the message windows "adding assets to DB" during the writing process.

I tried some suggestions on the discussion board regarding this, in that I created a prject with just one m2v file and no menues (first play movie).

When I do that I get another error which says:

"Mux Controller I/O error"

Can some one help me out???

Any help would be greatky appreciated !!!!!!

7 answers to this question

Hi,

which encoder do you use to create your MPEG-file? Is it a elementary stream, that means Audio and Video in seperate files, or is it a programm-stream that contains audio+video within the same file?

DVDit do expect to get elementary streams and you need to demux your MPEG-programm-stream to get the elementarys.

There are a few encoders that put any meta-data to the MPEG-file that courses this error, too.

danny

Edited by danny

Thanks Danny for your reply.

I am using only video streams and no audio. All my video streams are elementary streams. (.m2v files).

I am pretty sure there is no meta data on the MPEG files.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Hi,

which encoder do you use to create your MPEG-file? Is it a elementary stream, that means Audio and Video in seperate files, or is it a programm-stream that contains audio+video within the same file?

DVDit do expect to get elementary streams and you need to demux your MPEG-programm-stream to get the elementarys.

There are a few encoders that put any meta-data to the MPEG-file that courses this error, too.

danny

I want to add a few more things:

My streams are HD streams (1920x1080)

This problem does not happen when I use SD streams (720x480)

Also if I create a DVD instead of a BD using my HD streams I dont see any problem. Roxio transcodes all my streams and can write a DVD image.

This problem only happens when I use HD content to create BD disk

Hi,

if I go back to your first post, I think that your MPEG-file is not BD-complient or have some meta-data in it! is there any message when you importing your file to your project, like "this asset is not DVD and BD-complient"? please try again with a new project!

DVDitHD have a stream-verifier built in, that checks the hole stream if it is spec-complient! this is happening when you importing your file, and will be written to these files you can find within the same folder afterwards, so please copy your file to a new folder or delete the files with the same name and other file-extentions.

this stream-verifier is the a part of sonics BD-stream-verifier, a programm that be used to verify streams for encoder-programming, and also be used with sonic scenarist.

another possibility: could you upload a small m2v-HD-file ( max. 100MB) to a server, and I could have a look at it, and finally I would like to know which encoder are you using for encoding, you still have not answeres this question.

please feel free to PM me, if you would like to.

danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Actually I additional data on my file. I removed it and the projects works now.

Thanks a ton again !!!!

On a sepatrate note, would you happen to know how do I use AVC file with Roxio 6.3. ?

I reencoded my AVC streams to MPEG2 but this degardes the quality of my clips. Do you have any advise?

This sounds exactly like the problem I have. I get the same error. I use Avid Liquid to output the files. I have since reading this post, deleted all the extra files (so only the m2v file exists - delete 4 audio files and a "header file"). When I import the m2v files, I do get an import error, but I always have and have burned to a Blu-ray in the past. I don't know what flags it as non compliant though. Here are the details of what I'm importing:

File Type: Video(MPEG-2)

File Size: 13.8 GB

Bit Rate: 34966.5 kbps

Size: 1440 x 1080

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Compression Type: VBR

Bit Rate: 34966

Frame Rate: 29.97

Filed Dominance: Top Field

Codec: MPEG-2

The thing is, similar files (which also get the non compliant error in import) have burned to Blu-ray in the past. The only two differences with this project is that I recently added in the PS3 patch and the automatic chapters. I am not sure if I deleted the extra files or not for those projects. Anyway, this morning, I re-created the entire project and imported everything with no extra files. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SB

I thought I would update my problem a bit more after working on it for the last few days. Problem is, it captures the title well of this string of posts, but that's about it, it appears to have nothing to do with elemetry streams. So, I'm switching over to another string of posts so I don't confuss people. You can follow the link here: (http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=46963)

Thanks,

SB