Sign in to follow this  
jackfalbey

Burn Iso To Multiple Drives Simultaneously?

Question

I'm having a hard time confirming if Creator 2009 can do this. I have 4 DVD burners in my workstation, and would like to be able to burn the same ISO to all 4 simultaneously (at 8x) for large DVD production runs. I also have 4 hard drives, so I can have a separate source drive for each burner if necessary. I just want to know if Creator 2009 is capable of doing what I need. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jack

11 answers to this question

Yes, but you only need one image file on one hard drive...

cd

Just make sure when you go to burn all 4, that the program recognizes all of the burners. I suggest using "Creator Classic" program in C2009.

The burn will take place at the speed of the slowest burner so if 8X is the slowest, it should burn at that speed or slightly less depending on the burner, your blank discs, etc.

I am wondering the same thing, but how do you burn multiple disk at the same.

When using Creator Classic [but not the burner program in the "Home" application] there is a provision in the 'burn dialog' to check multiple burners, and Creator Classic will burn simultaneously to those burners which you have checked.

Wow, didn't know you could do this with Dvds. Won't the video have issues due to processor lag, or well...something will go wrong in my experience. Four drives burning seems like a lot for any computer to handle.

Oh, and can you share ONE file among FOUR drives? Won't this cause a sharing error?

Works fine. I have burned 3 at one time. There is one catch. LOL They all burn at the lowest common speed! So if you have a 8X drive and three 16X drives using 16X blank media, then they will all burn at 8X.

Wow, didn't know you could do this with Dvds. Won't the video have issues due to processor lag, or well...something will go wrong in my experience. Four drives burning seems like a lot for any computer to handle.

Oh, and can you share ONE file among FOUR drives? Won't this cause a sharing error?

That's exactly what the OP asked. Can they burn a single image (.iso) file to multiple discs, which was answered "Yes" using the correct app in the suite.

And since it's a disc image file (.iso), there is no video processing involved. That all occurred when the image file was created. Burning the image file to multiple discs only involves burning what's in the image file as data.

Works fine. I have burned 3 at one time. There is one catch. LOL They all burn at the lowest common speed! So if you have a 8X drive and three 16X drives using 16X blank media, then they will all burn at 8X.

Beautiful! I never burn above 4x anyways.

Honestly, this post has just opened my eyes. I will be up late over the weekend! Heading to best buy tomorrow!

Sign in to follow this