Sign in to follow this  
Dopey

Comparison Table

Question

I have been doing some slide shows with Photostory 3 which is a pain because of the limited number of slides (300) and not being able to do block moves and transitions.

I want to be able to have a DVD at the end.

Looking into getting a Roxio product (which I have been told it is a better solution but don't have any first hand knowledge).

Need some advice from the pros out there.

Want a comparison table of Creator 9, 10 and Ultimate with features and ultimately recommendation.

Questions:

Any suggestions where to start looking?

Is the video capture USB from VHS to digital worth it ($50)?

I think I want a version that is boxed so I have the CD for backup just in case vs download. Thoughts?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I am new user and bought Creator 2009 special edition specifically for the Usb to Vhs feature.So far it is working great and digitizing my VHS-C tapes and LPs is working great.

I have been doing some slide shows with Photostory 3 which is a pain because of the limited number of slides (300) and not being able to do block moves and transitions.

I want to be able to have a DVD at the end.

Looking into getting a Roxio product (which I have been told it is a better solution but don't have any first hand knowledge).

Need some advice from the pros out there.

Want a comparison table of Creator 9, 10 and Ultimate with features and ultimately recommendation.

Questions:

Any suggestions where to start looking?

Is the video capture USB from VHS to digital worth it ($50)?

I think I want a version that is boxed so I have the CD for backup just in case vs download. Thoughts?

Thanks

Almost a moot point since you can get the latest and greatest now for under $60 if you shop around. You may be able to get the older versions for slightly less.

You can get the latest from Roxio on-line and order the extra DVD as back up or download and make your own back-up (a lot of people do this). That way you have a 30 day guarantee on the program and can get your money back if you don't like it.

Chances are that you will not find a table with the comparisons of EMC 9, EMC 10 and Creator 2009. Roxio tends not to have a real good way of letting people see the reasons to update to the newer versions. EMC 9, EMC 10 and Creator 2009 are all good programs if you have the right computer to run them. Stay away from EMC 8. If you have an older computer you might just want to see if you can find EMC 7/7.5.

Here is the info on Creator 2009 versions. Look to the right to see "What's new" All the versions have the same types of core applications. These core applications look and work slightly differently in each of the versions but they do do the same things. A lot of the differences come from add-ons; for example

If you want to capture from VHS or analog camcorder, you will need some sort of Analog to digital converter. Most are about the same. Pinnacle made the ones in the earlier versions of the software. If you are capturing from digital camcorder, you capture via a Firewire cable.

Sign in to follow this