• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disappearing files

stan@barbero1130.freeserve.co.uk

Question

After many hours spent trying to get MYDVD to work and finally learning how to edit my videos I have come across a problem. I save the project under a findable name but the only indication tha I can find on the hard dick is a small files that I aasume redirects the program to the place where the main file is saved. I have serched the disk; enbled hidden files to be visible and used the search facility but all to no avail. Can anybody tell me where to find them?

2 answers to this question

Save and Save as produce a projectname.dmsd file. This is normally stored in the My Documents folder.

This file is series of notes of the files used in the project, project settings etc. This way your original files are never altered or disturbed.

The only time another file is produced is when you burn and choose the option to create an ISO file (disc image) or a Folder set.

If you are trying to create a movie file then VideoWave is the editor of choice. It has the ability to Output in various file formats.

MyDVD is best thought of as a program to build the output interface of a project and not meant to be an Editor.

Many thanks a few notes like this in the help file would go a long way to sorting some problems out; once again many thanks i can now see where I was going wrong.

After many hours spent trying to get MYDVD to work and finally learning how to edit my videos I have come across a problem. I save the project under a findable name but the only indication tha I can find on the hard dick is a small files that I aasume redirects the program to the place where the main file is saved. I have serched the disk; enbled hidden files to be visible and used the search facility but all to no avail. Can anybody tell me where to find them?

Save and Save as produce a projectname.dmsd file. This is normally stored in the My Documents folder.

This file is series of notes of the files used in the project, project settings etc. This way your original files are never altered or disturbed.

The only time another file is produced is when you burn and choose the option to create an ISO file (disc image) or a Folder set.

If you are trying to create a movie file then VideoWave is the editor of choice. It has the ability to Output in various file formats.

MyDVD is best thought of as a program to build the output interface of a project and not meant to be an Editor.

Archived