• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy Mp3 Disc To Audio Cd

Halsey

Question

I'm having trouble figuring out how this program will let me make audio CD's from my MP3 discs. It says it was done successfully but my stereo will not recognize the format. My stereo is old so I can't play MP3 discs on it.

I converted to WAV and added the music to the audio CD program but I get a CDA format.

Any helpful suggestions to remedy this will be much appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Halsey,

Some background before I can answer your problem. . . .

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There are two common types of CD people want to make (1) Audio CD, or (2) Data CD. There are some other types which can be made, but they're less common.

A data disc is one with a file system built on it, so that files can be stored on it.

An MP3 disc is only a data CD with MP3 files written onto it.

An Audio CD is a specially written CD with a different sector size, a bunch of audio tracks, and a Table of Contents. It has no file system as we know it, and you can't normally store files on it.

To keep users comfortable when looking at audio CDs on a computer, software will often represent the audio tracks as a CDA "file", but they're just tracks and not really files.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Now, it's likely that whatever program you used to make the audio CD has done its job properly. Can you play the CD on your computer?

Seeing CDA "files" is quite common when looking at the CD on a computer, and doesn't indicate that things have gone wrong.

If you haven't a player on your computer, download and use the free, tiny, HACP player available here [click]

It is quite likely that your stereo is one of those old ones which won't play burned discs. The only way you'll know for sure is if you play the disc in someone else's player, or borrow a burned disc from someone else. Sorry but if that's the case there's nothing you can do to make the old player play them. Some players just won't play burned discs, others won't play rewriteable discs, and the rest play them all. It's a design thing, and the newer players have the added few cents worth of components required to play them all.

Hope this helps some,

Brendon

Thanks for your help Brendon. In analyzing the situation, I was able to make a CD a couple of weeks ago that worked on the same stereo so I know it can be done. However, I don't recall how I did it. I just figured if I was able to do it before, it should be no problem to retrace my actions. I used Memorex CD-RW. Another interesting note - I thought I erased it to put some new material on but it played the old material on the stereo and the new material on the computer. Maybe I need to try another CD.

Again, your time and information were very useful to help me understand some basics on unravelling my dilemma.

Hi,

If your CDRW played the old stuff on the player and the new stuff on the computer, that would lead me to believe you were writing WAV files "in sessions" and the player was seeing only the first session [which is quite common] while the computer was seeing the last writing session.

However that would suppose your player is capable of reading a data disc with WAV files on it. It is hard to write an audio-CD in sessions using the current Sonic software. It really is most confusing without being able to look at the actual disc. :(

Perhaps a full erase of the disc might help, as that would remove any material recorded earlier. Set it to a full erase and go get a fresh coffee because it'll take a quarter hour or so. Once you're getting this to work how you want it, you might well find the player is happier with CD-R discs than it is with CD-RW. You can't re-record them, but players seem to like pressed silver commercial discs best - then CD-R discs are next - then CD-RW discs seem to be the hardest for players to read.

Regards,

Brendon

If you still haven't gotten it to work after Brendons advice try this.

Open Music Disc Creator.Make sure the Project Type is set to Audio cd.Now under Add to Project you can either hit Add Audio Tracks or Import from CD/DVD.

No matter which you choose you need to set the Media Selector to File View and not Track View.

Now just add your tracks from there.

post-85-1231255309.jpg