• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound Editor - Monitor Recording?

heliozoan

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to record using Sound Editor via my mic/line-in jack on my laptop from a pre-recorded digital source (need it in a different format) but I cannot listen to the original recording during the playback/recording which makes finding the end of the audio files very difficult. Is there a 'monitor' option somewhere within Sound Editor? I've tried just plugging in to the headphone jack on the laptop but that yields silence.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

P

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I'm trying to record using Sound Editor via my mic/line-in jack on my laptop from a pre-recorded digital source (need it in a different format) but I cannot listen to the original recording during the playback/recording which makes finding the end of the audio files very difficult. Is there a 'monitor' option somewhere within Sound Editor? I've tried just plugging in to the headphone jack on the laptop but that yields silence.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

P

It depends on your OS. Make sure that you have enabled playback from the mic/line in jack of your computer. Sometimes programs change the setting. I'm guessing that you have Vista.