• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Itunes/roxio Conflict In Xp

Jemirah

Question

Hi all,

The title says it all... I can't get iTunes and Easy CD & DVD Burner to work at the same time. Well, they work, but not the way they should. I mean... I usually use iTunes to rip and burn audio CDs, and Roxio for everything else. I used to have an older version, Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Starter Kit. For a while it worked fine, but out of nowhere, I got this error message when opening iTunes: "The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes." I've uninstalled and reinstalled both programs in various orders and combinations, but can't get it to work. iTunes won't rip or burn CDs, and Roxio will load the individual programs but doesn't burn any kind of disk. I bought this newer version, thinking maybe the other one was just too out of date, but obviously I'm still having the same problem. I fear there's a major possibility that this is an iTunes issue, but their support is horrific and if there's any chance anyone can help me here, I can't express how grateful I'd be.

Thank you in advance.

Oh, in case any info about my system/setup is needed... XPSP3 and all updates I can get from MS, latest version of iTunes (a result of downloading it 454,367 times), um... Easy CD & DVD Burning ver. 9.0.554. There are a couple of other programs on the computer that came with other programs or hardware that burn CDs or DVDs, like something called Muvee... there was a version of Record Now and Sonic Simple Backup, but I uninstalled those two. If there's any other info that might help, all you need do is ask, and again, thank you.

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately you can't roll back IE7 after installing SP3.

Some people have said that you can uninstall SP3 and then IE7, but as I never let IE7 loose on this OS, I can't guarantee if that will work or not.

IE7 and Media Player 11 both wreck EMC up to version 8 (they're backports from Vista and make chjanges in the kernel, hence the problems you are having

Link to llinks to unistall IE7 and WinPlayer 11, and SP3 -

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

I haven't tried it; I've successfully avoided IE 7 and WinPlayer 11, altho after my WinXP died it was faster to download SP3 at the library for reinstalling WinXP (actually, installing on a different HD and keeping the old one for reference). So that computer has WinXP SP3. I use the Win2K SP4.

Lynn

Link to llinks to unistall IE7 and WinPlayer 11, and SP3 -

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

I haven't tried it; I've successfully avoided IE 7 and WinPlayer 11, altho after my WinXP died it was faster to download SP3 at the library for reinstalling WinXP (actually, installing on a different HD and keeping the old one for reference). So that computer has WinXP SP3. I use the Win2K SP4.

Lynn

Okay... forgive me, this is probably a stupid question, but I really would like to know before I uninstall anything. What program will I use for videos, after I remove WMP? I can do without IE, I use Firefox already, but is there another good player out there that won't screw stuff up? iTunes doesn't handle video well on my computer for some reason. Plays fine in other programs, but not iTunes (I have a kind of love/hate relationship with iTunes for reasons just like this). And is any other issue going to crop up after I remove them?

Also... one other question--last one, I swear (for this post, anyway, heh). I saw an update here on the Roxio site for one of the Creator programs that'd help with conflicts... I believe it might've even said iTunes. Is there an update for the red box program like that and I just missed it?

Huge thanks to all of you for your help. :D

"Roll back" is NOT the same a "remove". If you roll back IE 7, you still have IE 6. If you roll back WinPlayer 11, you still have WinPlayer 10.

The "Red Box" is a cut-down Version of Easy Media Creator 9, and doesn't have any updates.

Lynn

Ohhhh. Okay, thank you so much!