• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem Installing Creator 2009

iset2468

Question

Hi,

I just received Roxio Creator 2009 SE for Christmas and am having problems installing it. When I launch setup.exe it seems to start OK. It gets to the point that it asks me for the key but once I enter it and hit Install, it doesn't appear to be installing the SW. It tells me that it is installing MS .net then says that setup is complete. The only problem is that I don't see the installation folder, start icons, or any other signs that anything installed. I checked the error logs and the wierd thing is that I see application messages saying that the applications installed successfully. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks for the help!

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I just received Roxio Creator 2009 SE for Christmas and am having problems installing it. When I launch setup.exe it seems to start OK. It gets to the point that it asks me for the key but once I enter it and hit Install, it doesn't appear to be installing the SW. It tells me that it is installing MS .net then says that setup is complete. The only problem is that I don't see the installation folder, start icons, or any other signs that anything installed. I checked the error logs and the wierd thing is that I see application messages saying that the applications installed successfully. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks for the help!

I finally figured it out. I did the following to get the installation to complete successfully:

1. Uninstalled all versions of .net

2. Went to Windows Update and installed all of the OS patches that I was behind on (http://www.update.microsoft.com, click on express, install all the recommended updates, repeat until there are no more recommended updates)

3. Installed the 3.5 version of .net (download here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...DisplayLang=en)

4. Installed Roxio Creator 2009