Video Capture Hangs With Vcr Input

constantcrashing

Question

I am trying to transfer my VHS videos to DVD. I am using a desktop AMD Athalon 1.25 GHz running XP Pro with 512 MB ram and a radeon 9200 video adapter. I have installed and uninstalled several times. Each time I try to capture the video the video capture portion of Creator 2009 hangs and the only recovery is to re-boot the computer. The rest of the computer still works when the visdeo capture is hung. End Task does not clear the program. I am using composite video, have tried all the capture settings. I have spent about 15 hours trying to ge this to work. Help PLEASE!!

3 answers to this question

Your computer is very low spec to handle any video work really

You could try switching to software render, but I honestly doubt if that will help a lot.

The minimum specs quoted are a joke really - the Vista specs are closer to the real hardware requirements

Your computer is very low spec to handle any video work really

You could try switching to software render, but I honestly doubt if that will help a lot.

The minimum specs quoted are a joke really - the Vista specs are closer to the real hardware requirements

Thanks. I was a little bit afraid that that would be the answer. I guess i could install it on my son's computer which is of course "bigger, badder and faster". I don't think he will be thrilled with the idea though.