• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Native Audio From Camera Not Importing

CoopCam

Question

I can't seem to get the native audio from my camera into my productions. I'm using Roxio Creator 2009 special edition with an Aiptek 720hd camcorder. The camcorder produces MOV files which I'm importing from a memory stick via USB. The video clips appear fine, but for the love of mankind I cannot get the native audio into the mix. Suggestions? Thanks in advance. - Sam

5 answers to this question

Sorry, Just won't work. I bought an Aiptek several months back and had the same problem. There have been several users posting problems with certain .MOV files that import without sound. If I remember correctly, the Aiptek records in h264 with AAC V2 audio. No idea if Roxio will ever support these files or not.

EUREKA! I think I stumbled onto a solution to using Roxio's Creator 2009 with my gosh-darn Aiptek camera....

Just as Gary said above, Creator 2009 simply doesn't bother with MOV files sooooo the solution is to convert the MOV files into files Roxio will deal with. There are many converters out there, in fact many for FREE. I'm a cheap guy, my wife will confirm this, so I went with a Free downloadable program from www.any-video-converter.com. Now they do offer a full-up program for $40, however, I'm cheap (remember) so I went with the dumbed-down free version. The free version will only convert up to 3 minutes per file. If you're planning to video & convert your child's entire 5 hour graduation commencement ceremony this isn't your answer. Most of my video's are stupid YouTube videos. I hardly ever roll a take more than 2 minutes long so this free converter works fine in my case.

All that being said I'll have to admit that I've only played around with this a short bit. If this any-video-converter program has bugs or issues I simply haven't had a chance to discover them yet. My initial test worked fine. So don't scrap those Aiptek cameras yet. Go check out this converter. As an upstanding member of the Cheap-Guys Society of Penny Pinchers I can tell you with complete confidence that this free downloadable program is worth every penny you'll pay for it (rim shot-cymbol crash!)

Best!