Sign in to follow this  
Doug Sophiea

Vhs And Hi8 To Dvd

Question

does anyone know if the roxio creator 2009 will allow me to transfer vhs and hi8 tape recordings from the original devices to dvd on my computer? Or do I need the Roxio VHS to DVD software pkg?

Edited by Doug Sophiea

5 answers to this question

That is a hardware issue! You must have an Analog to Digital converter.

Windows will capture with the a/d device as well as any Roxio Video program suite.

The device is sold as a stand alone without software or as part of the VHS to DVD Suite. But that Suite is limited to just video…

Costco & Sams Club have a Creator 2009 Special Edition which includes the full 2009 suite as well as the capture device.

Still with me??? Sorry but it was not a yes or no question :lol:

does anyone know if the roxio creator 2009 will allow me to transfer vhs and hi8 tape recordings from the original devices to dvd on my computer? Or do I need the Roxio VHS to DVD software pkg?

I am trying to do the same thing, copy my VHS tapes from a non digital camcorder to a Blank DVD, will the Roxio Creator SE do the trick or do I need to buy additional hardward and if so, what do I need to buy and where can I buy it?

Creator 2009 SE will do the trick. It includes the hardware needed to capture VHS tape, edit the files and burn to DVD.

Creator 2009 SE will do the trick. It includes the hardware needed to capture VHS tape, edit the files and burn to DVD.

Thanks

I believe Costco has it for 63.99+tax, I was going to buy it, but didn't want to if I needed additional hardware, I think I will give it a try, I am not very savvy with the computer or with the whole burning of cd's and dvd's, is it pretty easy to use?

Gary & I would consider it easy but we have years under our belts…

Basic steps with the Roxio Capture Device (assumes you installed everything):

Hookup source to the device

Capture with Media Import

Open and do any edits in VideoWave

Open MyDVD to actually burn to a DVD

Sign in to follow this