• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2009 Codec's

GerryR

Question

I bought the download of Ultimate 2009 Roxio.

I installed it, but when I try to do many things, it starts some install window, then comes back and tells me either the codec is missing or an incompatibile codec needs to be removed. I end up having to cancel the install since it (or I) can't find the location of where the codec's are that need to be installed)

I have iTunes (since most of my mp3 players are Apply :angry2: ) and I have Windows Media 10.

I really want to use Roxio as my "all" program but still have use of the other two.

I read somewhere on this board, that the download/cd of Ultimate 2009 comes with a zip file that if you unzip it, an .msi file is extracted and that is the codec's for Roxio.

However, i don't have this file at all.

So, how can I get my hands on them to reinstall? or fix my roxio.. cause right now, its pretty useless.

and I have been a fan of Roxio for many versions but so far Ultimate 2009 has caused me nothing but trouble. crashing, hanging, starting installs that I can't finish, etc.

So, any advice (btw, I am doing the clean uninstall/install now) but still I don't have this zip file that suppose to contain the .msi file with the codec's for Roxio

Thanks for your help

Gerry

1 answer to this question

First of all, the download doesn't 'contain' a zip progrem - it IS zipped itself (it's a self-extracting archive)

The .msi file is a MicroSoft Installer - hence .msi and has nothing to do with codecs

To find out what may be missing, download and run gspot to check the files =- that will tell you whether or not you have the codecs needed and, if not, what ones you need

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/