Sign in to follow this  
rkeesecker

Creator Two Thousand And 9 Vs. Emc 10?

Question

For a person who is pretty savvy about Roxio products and software in general, I am clueless about why "Creator 9" if offered as the latest and greatest by Roxio. What happened to Easy Media Creator 10, and what is the difference between these two products? I am especially interested to find nobody else asking this question. What am I missing here?

18 answers to this question

For a person who is pretty savvy about Roxio products and software in general, I am clueless about why "Creator 9" if offered as the latest and greatest by Roxio. What happened to Easy Media Creator 10, and what is the difference between these two products? I am especially interested to find nobody else asking this question. What am I missing here?

In the future, refer to it as Creator 2009, because there is no Roxio program named Creator 9. It only creates confusion, because there is an Easy Media Creator 9.

Look on Roxio's main website for a comparison of the products.

In the future, refer to it as Creator 2009, because there is no Roxio program named Creator 9. It only creates confusion, because there is an Easy Media Creator 9.

Look on Roxio's main website for a comparison of the products.

AH! There is my confusion. Thank you. It totally eluded me that the new product is "Creator 2009" and NOT "Creator 9." It was right in front of my nose but I didn't see it. However, given the similarity of names, I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

By the way, I tried but was unable to find a comparison chart on the web site between Creator 2009 and EMC Creator 10. Poked around a lot on the web site, tried the search, but ... nothing. If it is there, it isn't easy to find.

Thanks again.

You probably didn't find one because there isn't one :lol:

In the beginning was ECD1, which begat ECD2....which begat EMC7...EMC9, which begat EMC10 which begat Creator 2009 ;)

You probably didn't find one because there isn't one :lol:

In the beginning was ECD1, which begat ECD2....which begat EMC7...EMC9, which begat EMC10 which begat Creator 2009 ;)

Yes, I looked too, and couldn't find one. Maybe Roxio took it off the website.

I thought I saw a post, with a link to a comparison, but I don't remember where.

This link shows some comparisons between versions

Congrats on finding that comparison page. Doesn't show the advantages of upgrading from EMC 10, but I appreciate the effort. I didn't try to find that page on my own because I don't have extra hours in the day to try to figure out how and why the the Roxio web development team does what it does. User-friendly it is not and has never been. Oh, did I mention I rarely if ever get an answer to my tech support FAQ searches? All I usually get is a window saying no answer was found.

This actually is a nice segue to another thought I should share with you. I am having difficulty launching Creator 2009 after install because of the RCPROD.msi not found issue, which I see you've addressed elsewhere in these forums for a couple other people. I saw that file flash in front of my eyes during the extraction of the .exe download file (when I installed Creator 2009 a second time hoping to solve the .msi issue), so it apparently was extracted, but the file it should be in doesn't exist on my computer. In fact, I can't find the extracted files anywhere, and the extraction process doesn't say where those files are going, let alone give you a choice where to extract them to. I read your post in the RCPROD.msi forum and didn't quite understand your instructions.

Which leads me to the matter to which I referred at the start of the above paragraph. I have been a LONG time customer of Easy Media Creator, but I finally gave up because of installation problems exactly like this. I vowed to never again purchase a Roxio product. I gave in today because I thought things would be different. But no, apparently they aren't different. Besides the .msi ongoing problem, I got a bizarre error message about my Product key being a {0} instead of a{1}, whatever in the world that means. And making it more frustrating for people with brains, the error message was written in broken English.

So I have given Creator and Roxio a second chance after giving up on the product after owning EMC from the early days and always upgrading. And I'm getting burned. Again. I guess I should have learned my lesson. It appears I'm the dumb one here.

Can you share anything with me which might make me feel better about buying this product? I'm not being cynical, really. I just can't believe the same old EMC issues still are an affliction with the new Creator product. Sheesh.

Bob Keesecker

Congrats on finding that comparison page. Doesn't show the advantages of upgrading from EMC 10, but I appreciate the effort. I didn't try to find that page on my own because I don't have extra hours in the day to try to figure out how and why the the Roxio web development team does what it does. User-friendly it is not and has never been. Oh, did I mention I rarely if ever get an answer to my tech support FAQ searches? All I usually get is a window saying no answer was found.

This actually is a nice segue to another thought I should share with you. I am having difficulty launching Creator 2009 after install because of the RCPROD.msi not found issue, which I see you've addressed elsewhere in these forums for a couple other people. I saw that file flash in front of my eyes during the extraction of the .exe download file (when I installed Creator 2009 a second time hoping to solve the .msi issue), so it apparently was extracted, but the file it should be in doesn't exist on my computer. In fact, I can't find the extracted files anywhere, and the extraction process doesn't say where those files are going, let alone give you a choice where to extract them to. I read your post in the RCPROD.msi forum and didn't quite understand your instructions.

Which leads me to the matter to which I referred at the start of the above paragraph. I have been a LONG time customer of Easy Media Creator, but I finally gave up because of installation problems exactly like this. I vowed to never again purchase a Roxio product. I gave in today because I thought things would be different. But no, apparently they aren't different. Besides the .msi ongoing problem, I got a bizarre error message about my Product key being a {0} instead of a{1}, whatever in the world that means. And making it more frustrating for people with brains, the error message was written in broken English.

So I have given Creator and Roxio a second chance after giving up on the product after owning EMC from the early days and always upgrading. And I'm getting burned. Again. I guess I should have learned my lesson. It appears I'm the dumb one here.

Can you share anything with me which might make me feel better about buying this product? I'm not being cynical, really. I just can't believe the same old EMC issues still are an affliction with the new Creator product. Sheesh.

Bob Keesecker

All I can say is that I have never had a problem installing any Roxio product and I have been using one since version 5 although most of my work has been with EMC 7.5, 10 and C2009. All of these have short comings and the occasional "bug" (which Roxio does not seem to correct in many cases) but overall I have not had a single major problem which was not self-inflicted

Hi,

I have EMC-9 Deluxe and would like to purchase Creator 2009, however I need to know what are the major differences. Can anyone please tell me?

Thanks and regards,

Val Patel

I would say the biggest difference would be high definition support. MyDVD 11 has more menu styles.

Gary,

Thank you so much for your response. I'm basically very happy with my EMC 9 Deluxe. However, I would like more menu styles. But to purchase Creator 2009 just for that is too expensive. Is there another way I can purchase more menu styles inexpensively?

Regards,

Val

Gary,

Thank you so much for your response. I'm basically very happy with my EMC 9 Deluxe. However, I would like more menu styles. But to purchase Creator 2009 just for that is too expensive. Is there another way I can purchase more menu styles inexpensively?

Regards,

Val

No.

Creator 2009 has been on sale and with a rebate, you can usually get it for under $50. I'm not sure I would upgrade in order to get more menu styles. Why don't you make your own?

No.

Creator 2009 has been on sale and with a rebate, you can usually get it for under $50. I'm not sure I would upgrade in order to get more menu styles. Why don't you make your own?

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try to make my own. Any tips on how to make good ones?

I have this installation problem: My vista PC is running EMC-9.1 Deluxe suite fine. I just tried to install Vista Certified EMC-9.1 suite update and it says you don't have a previous valid version. Any idea what's going on here?

Regards,

Val

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try to make my own. Any tips on how to make good ones?

I have this installation problem: My vista PC is running EMC-9.1 Deluxe suite fine. I just tried to install Vista Certified EMC-9.1 suite update and it says you don't have a previous valid version. Any idea what's going on here?

Regards,

Val

The Deluxe EMC 9 version has over 50 menu styles. How many do you see?

That underlined text is a link to instructions and to a video that shows you how.

The Deluxe EMC 9 version has over 50 menu styles. How many do you see?

I have 32 Menu Stypes. My version says EMC-9 Suite. It does ot say EMC-9 Deluxe. Is that why I have 32 and not over 50?

I have 32 Menu Stypes. My version says EMC-9 Suite. It does ot say EMC-9 Deluxe. Is that why I have 32 and not over 50?

That would be correct. The new Creator 2009 has over 80 menu styles.

That would be correct. The new Creator 2009 has over 80 menu styles.

Thanks for the reply. How many of the 80 are for HD Video? I don't have HD video camera to make HD movie/video.

Sign in to follow this