Dvd Burning Freeze

RMuller50

Hi, I am using Easy DVD Copy 4 running on Vista Home Premium to compile MPEG4 video files and convert them into DVD format. The conversion and burning processes start well with the intialization of the DVD (+RW) but randomly during the DVD burning, the process freezes without any error message. The cancel button has not effect (apart from displaying "cancelling in process") and only the task manager or a reboot will stop it. I tried the same converting on a disc image only with the same results. I updated MS Direct X and PX engine as adivsed by Roxio, without any improvement. My PC (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo - 1.73 GHz / 1GB RAM) is working well with any other application and I never experienced any problem with the optical drive.

Has anybody any suggestion what could be wrong?

1.7 GHz is a bit on the low side for any video editing work - what is your graphics card?

You can try going to Videowave and under Tools, Options, change that to software rendering. It may help

Also, split the procedure in two - 'burn' to the hard drive first - then use the iso file to burn the CD (that way the machine isn't trying to do two things at once)

Edited by gi7omy

1.7 GHz is a bit on the low side for any video editing work - what is your graphics card?

You can try going to Videowave and under Tools, Options, change that to software rendering. It may help

Also, split the procedure in two - 'burn' to the hard drive first - then use the iso file to burn the CD (that way the machine isn't trying to do two things at once)

I have already tried above w/o success.

I am not familiar with Videowave. Is it a separate package?

Rgs