• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

When Do We Stop Downloading And Start Installing ?

Trev White

Question

Hi Guys,

I've been given the run around between Digital River and Roxio Tech Support regarding who can help with the following documented issue. It would seem that the Creator 2009 Download manager is confusing non technical staff in so much as they think I've done the download so now its over to the techies to resolve. But the techies will point me back to Digital River since I haven't got the product yet . . . Help!

Here is an email I tried to send to Roxio today but it bounced back. So I can't even contact them directly. I'm going to try the 0906 732 0288 number tomorrow but thats going to be expensive so if anyone can help here I'd sure appreciate it. If anyone has a valid email address for Roxio tech support other than reg@sonic.com I'd appreciate that too (I can't find any other route to them)

Here is the email.

Hi,

I have ordered and paid for a download copy of the Roxio product Creator 2009 but cannot obtain the files to install it. Please advise how to proceed. History is as follows.

1. Ordered product on line and paid by Visa (order number 7016250813) this included Extended download Service

2. I successfully downloaded the “Download Manager”

3. This was run initially on a workstation behind my servers firewall and I couldn’t negotiate the FTP proxy credentials. The program eventually timed out and was exited cleanly.

4. I have now connected another workstation (my laptop) directly to my networks router (bypassing the server firewall) and re downloaded the “Download Manager”

5. I am still unable to obtain the two product files (previously indicated to be downloaded by the “DownLoad Manager”) Running the DL manager now results in the following message:

“Didn’t find any files remaining to do! Download manager is finished” I have tried PC reboots, downloads, etc but I can’t progress past this point (Cookies are on in IE7/Vista)

6. Please advise how this is resolved or provide links from where the two product files can be downloaded without use of this @#£%$!! Download Manager.

Regards (but frustrated)

Trevor White

Edited by Trev White

6 answers to this question

You would really need to contact Customer Services - none of us here are connected with Roxio beyond the fact that we haunt the board

Hi,

Yeah I appreciate this is a volantary forum. But has anyone sen this is issue before or have a tech support email address that can be used. Roxio don't seem to publish clearly an email address for tech support.

I initially thought this must have been some sort of cookie issue which was why I down loaded the dl file again. I'm also wondering if the Extended DownLoad Service order has been processed correctly. :blink:

Any enlightenment would brighten the rest of my week . . . (Pro work starts tomorrow boo???)

Thanks for you reply

Trev :

Hi,

Yeah I appreciate this is a volantary forum. But has anyone sen this is issue before or have a tech support email address that can be used. Roxio don't seem to publish clearly an email address for tech support.

I initially thought this must have been some sort of cookie issue which was why I down loaded the dl file again. I'm also wondering if the Extended DownLoad Service order has been processed correctly. :blink:

Any enlightenment would brighten the rest of my week . . . (Pro work starts tomorrow boo???)

Thanks for you reply

Trev :

You could try this http://selfserve.roxio.com/(S(yrzm0545aq5o...qx))/Login.aspx

The Download Manager probably uses embedded IE. Open IE and delete all the cookies and clear the internet cache. Then try again. Make sure you aren't behind the firewall or make sure the computer you are using to download is not being blocked.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have today resolved the download and installation issues after calling the Premium rate number. I still think its pretty bad that basic download and install support is effectively charged like that.

For reference it would appear that one needs to delete a folder called ..\GetRightToGo and also any references to files called Roxio*.* in the windows\prefetch folder. Also if the download has been run on the same PC you'll need to check the options in the Diownload manager to ensure it is not looking for an HTTP and/or an FTP Proxy Server (a problem I had for a while today) There may also have been some issue with registering the software before it is downloaded (I did this only because I had the information to hand, it may not have effected the outcome)

This isuse can be regarded as closed, I have another usage issue that I will set up as another thread.

Thanks again

Trev