Burning Dvd's With Roxio Creator De 10 Problems

donnad

Question

I too am going crazy here. I noticed there are many threads about problems burning and inability to play the videos on home dvd players. I am trying to create a photostory for work and am going crazy here trying to figure it out and am completely unable to understand the technical language of previous threads. So please, if someone could help me with simple dummy instructions, I would be so appreciative! I have Vista (hatefull!) also. This is what I have done so far.

1. loaded the pictures from my camera to Photostory 3.

2. Roxio, on "data and backup", I load the photostory and then poceed to burn the disk. It burns the disk (dvd) ok, but it will not play back on my tv. The error message is "disk error, playback not available"

Please help? Donna

3 answers to this question

Hello Donna,

I think you'll find that you have to make a "Video-DVD" to play on the player connected to your tv. A data DVD won't do it.

I haven't used Photostory 3, but doubtless someone who does use it will come along soon and tell you how to make a Video-DVD from Photostory or through loading the Photostory file into another program which will burn the right type of disc.

In the meantime, since you have a cut-down version of Creator 10, you might get some information from the EMC 10 manual, which is available free in PDF format from here. Just remember that since you have the cut-down Dell version, a lot of the functions of the suite described in the manual might be missing.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Bendan, thank you for your reply. I didn't realize I had a mini version of Roxio. That explains why a lot of their features are not available. I have to say though that this sounds to me like a ploy of Roxio to get me to buy the upgrade. I wish that Dell would have told me this. You can't imagine the hours I have spent online with them. I will look forward to more replys and hopefully a sollution. Thanks again, Donna

Hi Bendan, thank you for your reply. I didn't realize I had a mini version of Roxio. That explains why a lot of their features are not available. I have to say though that this sounds to me like a ploy of Roxio to get me to buy the upgrade. I wish that Dell would have told me this. You can't imagine the hours I have spent online with them. I will look forward to more replys and hopefully a sollution. Thanks again, Donna

Dell orders the software (under license) from Roxio, to meet the specific requirements of Dell.

Dell has provided you with a Basic version, and probably (for a price) have a upgrade version, check with Dell.

Dell as the OEM provider also provide ALL support for their version.