• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Your own Installation/Uninstallation/Update post.

Kutumba

Question

I have to say that after reading that so many other people are having installation problems I now know that there is a bug in this. There is NO reason for this software not to load right from the get go. I/You shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops ie: uninstall this, load that, clean your registry etc. This software should load and work without any hiccups.

And for myguggi... this is a crap answer because for all the thousands that have loaded it there are an equal amout of people who can't.

Roxio will lose many current and potential customers just from a tarnished reputation from all the bad comments in forums like this. I know that if Roxio doesn't have a very good answer or solution to this dilema on Monday when I call (since they choose not to have support on the weekends) I personally will never recommend their products again. This will be the last of my dollars I give to Roxio. Other people feel the same way, I'm sure.

I agree with you. I am using roxio products from good old days of adaptec time. No poblems. I bought the ultimate 2009 from buy.com and struggling to install last 2 days still no success.

Number of times clean install performed. removed my blackberry storm software thinking that is conflctg and tried so many ways. Hope tomorrow, support will help me other wise, Iwill call it quits and no more wating valuble time. Mine is vista 64 bit ultimate os on atoshiba laptop. creator 10 was working very good before attempting this install.

9 answers to this question

I know this is a very frustrating software. I am no guru but I did get through this with the help of the gurus in this forum. I will suggest that you read Installation Of 2009 - post #14, the same thread where you quoted my post. Those were the steps that I followed in that order. I thought listing them in the sequence that I used them after receiving all the advice from the guru members would help clarify the procedure. I hope it works for you. Good luck.

I agree with you. I am using roxio products from good old days of adaptec time. No poblems. I bought the ultimate 2009 from buy.com and struggling to install last 2 days still no success.

Number of times clean install performed. removed my blackberry storm software thinking that is conflctg and tried so many ways. Hope tomorrow, support will help me other wise, Iwill call it quits and no more wating valuble time. Mine is vista 64 bit ultimate os on atoshiba laptop. creator 10 was working very good before attempting this install.

:angry::angry2: I could add more angry faces till I pass out!!! I'm going throug the same BS with Creator 2009-- I agree with Kutumba and basically gonna have to look else where for a slide show program /cd-dvd burner program. I miss the old Roxio products that just installed and played!!

Having to go through all these hoops is totally un exceptable and so is their Tech Support...if ya want to call it that! I mean WTF??!!! this program has a forum for customers to try to help each other out so they can get this S* software to run?! Looks like the programmers really f'd this up bad!!

I mean their are a lot of customers on here that are having nothing but BS issues with this program-- nice that they put a forum so that we can try to figure it out through each other- cause it doesn't look like the T/S dept is any better than who ever programed this product!!! what a waste of time!

I'm tying to get a refund because: A: this isn't worth the headache & B: I'm not sure I want this buggy program on my computer! Who knows what other problems could arise after the install & un-install?? spooky....

Anyone else have any other reccomendations for a good slide show software that works and is a snap to use?? much appreciated for any info.

thanks for the rant :unsure:

kal

I have to say I am just as angry as all the other people in this forum who have wasted hours of their time just trying to install this badly designed, badly supported product.

My first problem was the inscrutable "error code 000D" (one of many, it seems.) Well-designed software would give you, instead of a geeky code, a message suggesting what might have caused the problem and what to do about it.

Second best would be to have a website where the meaning of error codes are explained in an area called "Support." Do they have such a thing on this site? Not that I could find. Entering "000d" or "error code" in Search turns up zilch.

It was through Google that I found dozens of threads in this forum with recommendations from other frustrated users. I spent hours following the advice: doing a clean install, looking for old Sonic folders, cleaning the registry, seeing if there were .dlls that needed to be renamed, copying the entire contents of the CD-ROM onto a hard drive and trying to install from there. No luck.

Roxio tech support sent me a reply recommending that I copy the contents of the CD-ROM onto “your hard drive.” Well, I'd already done that—it had worked for somebody else here in the forum.

Finally I found a note on a third-party tech board (full of complaints about Roxio) explaining “000D”: It means you don't have enough room on your hard drive. Also, if you copy files to “your hard drive” it has to be the SAME hard drive on which Windows is installed. Now I notice that, in teeny-tiny text on th box, a System Requirement is “Hard Drive with at least 3 GB space for installation.” FOR A CD-BURNER? And, wouldn't if it have been nice to specify that it HAS TO BE THE C DRIVE?

So I threw out enough on my C drive to get 3 GB. This got me past Error Code 000D, but...now it says it needs “4090554.04 KB.” “point 04 KB??”

Come on, people! The casual disregard for the customer displayed here is simply atrocious. Where is Roxio—in some kind of time warp? Except for the fact that they assume you have 4GB on your C drive available for an installation this kind of attitude went out back in about 1991 (except for the Microsofts, Symantecs and McAfees of the world).

I am simply disgusted. I don't normally write consumer reviews, but I am going to go on every board I can find, from Amazon to CNET to whatever, and warn people what a suck product this is.

--Jim

If you have only 3 GB of room left on a hard drive, you have more problems than not being able to install the software. :blink:

If that hard drive, is larger than 20 GB, and you only have 3 GB of free space, you can't even defrag it properly, through normal defrag channels.

You need a new, large hard drive and a Computer 101 Class!

Edited by grandpabruce

If you have only 3 GB of room left on a hard drive, you have more problems than not being able to install the software. :blink:

If that hard drive, is larger than 20 GB, and you only have 3 GB of free space, you can't even defrag it properly, through normal defrag channels.

You need a new, large hard drive and a Computer 101 Class!

Ah. So it is my own fault for not having a brand-new computer with a huge hard drive, so that Roxio's inefficient bloatware would have enough room.

The arrogance of your response is the sort of thing that gives "digital gurus" a bad name. I assume, since you volunteered to defend the indefensible, that you work for Roxio. Or did you come by your cranio-rectal inversion independently?

Ah. So it is my own fault for not having a brand-new computer with a huge hard drive, so that Roxio's inefficient bloatware would have enough room.

The arrogance of your response is the sort of thing that gives "digital gurus" a bad name. I assume, since you volunteered to defend the indefensible, that you work for Roxio. Or did you come by your cranio-rectal inversion independently?

Yes, it is your fault for having a computer that is not capable of installing the program or running the program:blink:

No body here works for Roxio unless the poster has the Roxio symbol beside their name.

Edited by myguggi

Actually yes, it is your fault. Arrogance not intended in my post. It is just obvious that you know very little about computers and nothing about video work.

I don't have any affiliation with Roxio and have an older comptuer, but I have passed Computer 101, with flying colors. It appears that you have failed the same class. ;);)

Edited by grandpabruce