I Need To Get This Off My Pc

debbi

Question

21 answers to this question

i tried a clean install i tried everything i am so done it gets halfway thru and then message that i have to install media creator 10 ???? help 129.00 for nothing

Where did you pay 129.00.? (129,00 what,,,peso's)

Roxio's latest version (Creator 2009) is only $79.00 on here.

Edit

Here is another one http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry246417

Edited by ogdens

Edit

Here is another one http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry246417

lol circuit city it is the ultimate version so far not sooooooooo good i did get it installed but now when it states video card may not be sufficent

Check the Roxio website at http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/...e/overview.html to see where price is 129.00 in $.

Edit: also at BestBuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218006549243

OP had not stated which version version in original post but since there is only one version for 129.00, pretty clear which version OP had.

By the way, 79.00 is not the list price, 99.00 is the list price before UPGRADE rebate. The Roxio website states the 79.00 price is after the UPGRADE rebate of 20.00. So, new users price = 99.00, existing users price = 79.00 after rebate.

Edit:

Creator 2009 = 99.00 before UPGRADE rebate

Creator 2009 Ultimate = 129.00 before UPGRADE rebate

Edited by who are you

Check the Roxio website at http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/...e/overview.html to see where price is 129.00 in $.

Edit: also at BestBuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218006549243

OP had not stated which version version in original post but since there is only one version for 129.00, pretty clear which version OP had.

By the way, 79.00 is not the list price, 99.00 is the list price before UPGRADE rebate. The Roxio website states the 79.00 price is after the UPGRADE rebate of 20.00. So, new users price = 99.00, existing users price = 79.00 after rebate.

Edit:

Creator 2009 = 99.00 before UPGRADE rebate

Creator 2009 Ultimate = 129.00 before UPGRADE rebate

Who ---Are you trying to make the OP feel bad or good?

Any responses now should be regarding the video chip/card. :o

Edited by sknis

Who ---Are you trying to make the OP feel bad or good?

Any responses now should be regarding the video chip/card. :o

1) ogdens asked questions completely unrelated to what OP had posted

2) ogdens was the one that appeared to be insulting the OP by asking where the OP had paid 129.00 and in what $,...peso's

3) ogdens had stated that it Creator 2009 was available of 79.00.

4) ogdens is classified as a guru so I assume ogdens visits Roxio and is aware of price

However, since ogdens was not aware of a 129.00 version according to the questions, links were provided to show where 129.00 price could be found. In addition ogdens stated the price was 79.00 which is incorrect as the non-upgrade price is 99.00 (or 129.00 for ultimate). It appeared to me the OP was a new user so the non-upgrade price would be applicable.

I agree with you about the posts should be regarding the video chip/card, not sure why ogdens decided to make price an issue concerning the problem.

Would you care to share with us what video card you have???

Win-Pause – Hardware tab – Device Manager – Display adapters – click the + sign, read it.

It is possible your card is minimal but OK. Sometimes updating the drivers will fix it or you might be limited to using Software rendering.

VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP

i trie dto update but the site said it was updated

You need to get a good mid-range graphics card.

Not knowing what slot is in the PC (Pavilion is a generic HP name for a whole range) it could be AGP or PCIe depending on the age, model, etc, but quick guide is that PCI slots are while PCIe are black

Install the new card, reboot and enter the BIOS (you have to watch to see what key you need to press to enter setup' (that's the BIOS). In there find the onboard graphics, disable that and then save and exit.

i had posted earlier on as i am very new at this and i think i gave some mis information i get messages that my video card is not sufficent

intergrated 64 mb shared memory ?? windows xp desktop i called hp they told me it is sufficent and it was a software issue ok so i went to the directx diognostic check and it states i am fully supported i did all the graphic test which came back no problem the requirments on the roxio software states must support directx 9 and everything i do is telling me my system does??? im lost also i have the ultimate and whan i tried to install th 2 disk it stated go to control panel and config componants

I don't care what HP may think - 64 MB shared onboard graphics is nowhere near enough to render video. They probably gave you a stock answer rather than check the facts

If you have a laptop, then I'm afraid you are stuck up the proverbial creek. However, if it's a desktop, you can fit a dedicated graphics card (either AGP or PCIe) into the slot and disable the onboard chipset. Any reasonable mid-range card will do. For a long time I used a 256 MB Raedon X300 and that was more than enough to handle the work

To really check DirectX, it's the 3D tests that are what matter - the graphics has to be able to handle those in hardware render

i have done evrything to completly uninsall i do not wish to reinstall i never want to see this program again i did a clean install and i thought i got everything until i went to program files when i trie dto delete it i got a message cpmoniter exe denied i really cannot understand all the comotion over this software its crazy one would have to be a tech to install having consumers go into the reg keys ect is way beyond what they should have to do please help me be done with this

roxio creatoe 2009 ultimate

windows xp desktop