• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I see that Toast 10 has been announced. I bought Toast 9 just under a month ago. Is there going to be any kind of grace period for upgrades, or do I need to pay all over again? I've bought every version of Toast since 6, it feels as if it is getting to be a bit pricey. I like it, I use it a lot, but it's getting to be the most expensive software title I own. (I did see that there is a $40/$50 upgrade discount for all current Toast 9 owners, but I'm still feeling a bit stung and I'm not sure that I got $50 worth out of Toast 9 during that one month.)

I see that Toast 10 has been announced. I bought Toast 9 just under a month ago. Is there going to be any kind of grace period for upgrades, or do I need to pay all over again? I've bought every version of Toast since 6, it feels as if it is getting to be a bit pricey. I like it, I use it a lot, but it's getting to be the most expensive software title I own. (I did see that there is a $40/$50 upgrade discount for all current Toast 9 owners, but I'm still feeling a bit stung and I'm not sure that I got $50 worth out of Toast 9 during that one month.)

I second Paul's sentiment. I'm a long-time Toast user - I think I just saw a Toast 4 manual in my garage the other day! LOL. I, too, just upgraded to Toast 9 in mid-late December, and feel like I've been gypped here. Any grace period please? Many other software vendors offer a grace period so that recent purchasers/upgraders won't feel this way when a new version comes out.

Thanks for your consideration, Roxio.

Ryan

I bought my copy of 9 on Friday. Went to get the HD/BD plug in and found plug in for Toast 10? This brings up 2 questions for me. One is where is the plug in for Toast 9 and 2 I should be getting a download key for 10 by my way of thinking.

Tom :angry:

Edited by Flyfishing 48

To the first two posters, if you bought it directy from Roxio (Digital River or whom ever they are using now, Roxio has a 30 day money back guarantee. Contact them by phone and arrange to return Toast 9 and then purchase Toast 10.

To the third poster, it sound like you bought the boxed version. Sorry, you may be out of luck but contact Roxio sales (by phone) and give them the information. I don't know if that will do any good.

I don't know if Toast 9 has a plug in. You might try taking it back to the store you bought it and explain that you wante to do BluRay/AVCHD and it doesn't. If you ask nice and buy Toast 10, they might do something for you.

To the first two posters, if you bought it directy from Roxio (Digital River or whom ever they are using now, Roxio has a 30 day money back guarantee. Contact them by phone and arrange to return Toast 9 and then purchase Toast 10.

To the third poster, it sound like you bought the boxed version. Sorry, you may be out of luck but contact Roxio sales (by phone) and give them the information. I don't know if that will do any good.

I don't know if Toast 9 has a plug in. You might try taking it back to the store you bought it and explain that you wante to do BluRay/AVCHD and it doesn't. If you ask nice and buy Toast 10, they might do something for you.

Bummer :angry:

I bought Toast 9 with the HD plug in on 11/28/08.

Edited by jwjohnson

Bummer :angry:

I bought Toast 9 with the HD plug in on 11/28/08.

As did I (11/30), and that will be my last. Apparently, money is more important to Roxio than keeping customers.

I bought Toast 9 on 12/24 and was shocked to see this mail about Toast 10 being released. :angry: I'd rather return Toast 9 and buy Toast 10. I've applied for a return through the customer service site and will see how good Roxio support is.

I really hope I'd be able to return Toast 9 with no (or minimum) hassles. This will help me buy Toast 10 instead. :)

As did I (11/30), and that will be my last. Apparently, money is more important to Roxio than keeping customers.

I hope they work out something for people who bought in the last few months. It'd really mean something for customers to know that they're cared for.

So, will there be a WORKING copy of CD Spin Doctor included with toast 10? You know, a version that actually works with OS X 10.5.6?

I have had toast 9 since 18 March 2008, and don't expect it to be free, but half price would be great, and I think lots of people would upgrade.

£65!! (94 Dollars) :( thats a crazy upgrade price, for what looks like very little, this is a case of "how not to treat your previous customers"!

Maybe I will go for toast 11 or 12?

So no change at Roxio's then. Bug fixes? Nah, just release a new version for yet another money grabbing round. OK, it's their policy, fine. But not for me anymore. I've had it with 'em, I quit.

I bought Toast 9 yesterday in the Apple store in Regent St., London; it had loads of racks of it as if it was the newest version; when registering on the website you then find that there's Toast 10 already. Also it doesn't do what it says on the box: it says "new! you can capture streaming audio from the internet" , but I can't find this function anywhere!

I too will stop paying for upgrades. Half of Toast 9 still does not work

There are alternatives, and I will do just that.

Just another "me, too!" post. I bought my copy of Toast 9 on November 4 - two months ago. Not nearly as recently as a lot of posters here, but not long ago. Seems that there should be some deal for those of us who have hardly had time to try out the software.

BQ

A new update with still no function on Blu Ray menu's? Why are they asking for another 140 euro for what perhaps issn't fixed!

And if it is fixed why doesn't Toast9 with HD plug get a fix!

This likes like ripping people off. Are you listening Roxio?!?!?!?!?!

A new update with still no function on Blu Ray menu's? Why are they asking for another 140 euro for what perhaps issn't fixed!

And if it is fixed why doesn't Toast9 with HD plug get a fix!

This likes like ripping people off. Are you listening Roxio?!?!?!?!?!

This is a user forum, very, very rarely someone from Roxio appears, so I would suggest you contact Roxio Customer Service.

Currently, if one owns Toast 9 and the Toast 9 Blu-Ray plugin, there's no upgrade path for the the Toast 10 plugin. The Toast 9 plugin will not work with Toast 10. Thus, unless one upgrades to the Toast 10 Pro version which includes the plugin, a new Toast 10 plugin must be purchased at full price ($20), in addition to the Toast 10 upgrade price.

This may be an oversight by Roxio, which became aware of this, this morning, per Roxio Customer Service. Perhaps a change will be made; but if not, I thought it prudent to make the members aware of this.

Edit: Roxio has fixed the "no plugin with upgrade" issue this afternoon, adding the (free) plugin to the upgrade path for Toast 10. Good for them! Looks like it pays for customers to contact them and politely address their concerns!

Edited by Tazzy

I bought Toast 9 on 12/24 and was shocked to see this mail about Toast 10 being released. :angry: I'd rather return Toast 9 and buy Toast 10. I've applied for a return through the customer service site and will see how good Roxio support is.I really hope I'd be able to return Toast 9 with no (or minimum) hassles. This will help me buy Toast 10 instead. :)

I hope they work out something for people who bought in the last few months. It'd really mean something for customers to know that they're cared for.

Call, don't trust e-mails. (if you bought it from Roxio directly). By the time you get to exchanging the e-mails and getting/not getting them, you will eat up the 30 days easliy.

Purchase by Phone

Our representatives are here to answer any pre-sales questions you may have. Please call 1-877-MY-ROXIO (1-877-697-6946) (Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays) .

Questions After Purchase

If you have questions about payment, product download, shipping or general status of your order, please call 1-800-656-5443 or click here for further assistance. Please note Customer Service can not address technical issues.

Currently, if one owns Toast 9 and the Toast 9 Blu-Ray plugin, there's no upgrade path for the the Toast 10 plugin. The Toast 9 plugin will not work with Toast 10. Thus, unless one upgrades to the Toast 10 Pro version which includes the plugin, a new Toast 10 plugin must be purchased at full price ($20), in addition to the Toast 10 upgrade price.

This may be an oversight by Roxio, which became aware of this, this morning, per Roxio Customer Service. Perhaps a change will be made; but if not, I thought it prudent to make the members aware of this.

What do you mean by this? It shows on their website that you get the plug-in for free with Toast 10 until Feb, 5th. I just ordered this morning and I still don't have the plug-in. I emailed support but haven't heard anything. Anyone know when we are to expect this plug-in?

What do you mean by this? It shows on their website that you get the plug-in for free with Toast 10 until Feb, 5th. I just ordered this morning and I still don't have the plug-in. I emailed support but haven't heard anything. Anyone know when we are to expect this plug-in?

I bought Toast 9 and went to get the plug-in for it this morning. The link takes me to the Toast 10 plug in and it says there it will only work for Toast 10. I have been calling all day and sent an email but have heard nothing. Without the plug in the product is useless to me. I am not sure if I want to get the plug-in for 9 or get the upgrade to 10 with the free plug-in. ($70)

While I'm not in the "just bought it" category, I am concerned about Roxio's yearly upgrades. It seems as if Mac World comes around and there's always a new Toast; that's when I bought mine last time. I am particularly concerned about the usual range of confusing upgrade offers and the dreaded mail-in rebate. Last time, I cancelled my original purchase when I learned a day afterwards that there was a different upgrade offer that was $20 less than the upgrade offer I had taken. I later had to call to get my mail-in rebate honoured when the business taking the offers refused to accept my copy of the email receipt as valid proof of purchase. I'm not sure I want to do this upgrade!

I was addressing the upgrade option, versus an outright, new purchase of the full version.

Roxio has fixed the no-plugin with upgrade issue this afternoon, adding the (free) plugin to the upgrade path for Toast 10. Good for them! Looks like it pays for customers to contact them and politely address their concerns!

Wow I just got mine on 12/14/2008 Direct download You bet I am calling in the AM. about a refund (return) For 10 this is a case full of CR_ _! This is just like when I upgraded to toast 6 from 5. Then 7 came out. And I got stuck! So for the last several years I used toast 6. and Popcorn 1 and 2. We will see tomorrow! otherwise. it will be YEARS before I upgrade again!!! :angry2: Seeing how it's been only what about 9 months since 9 was released?! :angry:

I was addressing the upgrade option, versus an outright, new purchase of the full version.

Roxio has fixed the no-plugin with upgrade issue this afternoon, adding the (free) plugin to the upgrade path for Toast 10. Good for them! Looks like it pays for customers to contact them and politely address their concerns!

Regarding receipt of the plugin you purchased, you might check the instructions at the following URL for download directions. The plugin download is separate from the software itself, and also has a separate serial number/unlock code, which you should be on your order information page and on your order confirmation email.

https://store.digitalriver.com/servlet/Cont...mp;SiteID=sonic

Hope this helps some.

I called them this afternoon and the lady told me you don't get the plug-in with the $59.99 upgrade. It only comes with the full product. I told her I got an email this morning about the price being $99.99 with a $20 instant rebate so the price really is $79.99 for the upgrade and not $59.99. Basically you save $20 and that is it.

Their upgrade prices are way too high especially if they offer an new version in less then a year. Most companies give you the upgrade for less then 1/2 of the retail price.

I called them this afternoon and the lady told me you don't get the plug-in with the $59.99 upgrade. It only comes with the full product. I told her I got an email this morning about the price being $99.99 with a $20 instant rebate so the price really is $79.99 for the upgrade and not $59.99. Basically you save $20 and that is it.

Their upgrade prices are way too high especially if they offer an new version in less then a year. Most companies give you the upgrade for less then 1/2 of the retail price.

9 mos is a little quick but most pro-sumer programs of this type are upgraded about once per year. I buy both pc and Mac software and no one that I know of gives you half off or more.

No one is forcing anyone to buy the version if there is nothing new that you need.

"What's new in this version?

Extract clips from any DVD-Video and convert to the format of your choice**

Save web video to enjoy on TV and on-the-go

Archive AVCHD camera footage to disc with a single click

Build your MP3 library with automatic capture and tagging of Internet audio

Convert audiobook CDs for playback on your iPod®

Transfer video from your Mac to your TiVo DVR to enjoy on your TV

Enjoy over 20 new stunning DVD and Blu-ray Disc menu styles

Sync up folders bi-directionally - between multiple computers, folders or external drives"