• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

One Newbie Clarification On The Install/uninstall Saga

johnpy2

Question

I guess this is implied, but I just want to make sure before I do it -- so any Roxio/Sonic software on my computer, whether involved with this installation or not (I'm installing Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate, but I have EMC 10 that I bought last year, Sonic RecordNow that came preinstalled), all of it needs to be removed from my computer to do a clean install of the Creator 2009 product?

Thanks, and thanks for all of the people who have gone before me and the clear answers so hopefully I'll only have to do this once (fingers crossed).

John P. :unsure:

4 answers to this question

A clean install will remove all traces of Sonic/Roxio on your computer. However, in order to install a newer version and keeping the older version should present no problems. I have v9, 10 and C2009 on at the same time and so far, have had no problems but some have. If you only want 1 version installed, I do suggest following the clean install method to do so.

You never mention the OS your using??

If you only had EMC 10 Retail installed I'd tell you to try it first with 10 installed. That said, the OEM Sonic software installed too, I would uninstall it all before installing C2009. Are you all done with V 10 (projects)? Remember forward and backward compatiabilty with Roxio products is poor.

cd

I'm using Windows XP SP 2. I use EMC 10 for LP/Tape recording and file manipulation and some CD ripping, I presume I'll be able to do the same thing with C2009 Ultimate.

I'll get rid of of the Sonic software and give it a go. Thanks so much for the quick clear response.

John P.

You never mention the OS your using??

If you only had EMC 10 Retail installed I'd tell you to try it first with 10 installed. That said, the OEM Sonic software installed too, I would uninstall it all before installing C2009. Are you all done with V 10 (projects)? Remember forward and backward compatiabilty with Roxio products is poor.

cd

I'm using Windows XP SP 2. I use EMC 10 for LP/Tape recording and file manipulation and some CD ripping, I presume I'll be able to do the same thing with C2009 Ultimate.

I'll get rid of of the Sonic software and give it a go. Thanks so much for the quick clear response.

John P.

That would probably be hard to do, a clean uninstall of just the Sonic OEM, leaving a working EMC 10!

Try it, if that's what you want, your only investing your time.

cd