Videowave Choppy Video Playback

Mimsathome

Question

Hi. I'm having trouble when I work in VideoWave. I get all my clips and audio in with no problem. But when I go back to the beginning of the production and play it, I get really choppy video playback. Video playback will stop and then zoom to catch up. Sometimes it goes through a few frames without any choppiness, but then the video lags behind the audio and then zooms to catch up again. I will note that I don't have a video card in my computer. Does that make a difference? I did not have this problem in Roxio 10.

Thanks in advance,

Mims

1 answer to this question

Hi. I'm having trouble when I work in VideoWave. I get all my clips and audio in with no problem. But when I go back to the beginning of the production and play it, I get really choppy video playback. Video playback will stop and then zoom to catch up. Sometimes it goes through a few frames without any choppiness, but then the video lags behind the audio and then zooms to catch up again. I will note that I don't have a video card in my computer. Does that make a difference? I did not have this problem in Roxio 10.

Thanks in advance,

Mims

If that playback is during the Videowave preview then the choppiness does not mean very much.

Of course you have some kind of video card or graphics adaptor on your computer otherwise you would not be able to see anything on your monitor. Your video might just not be good enough especially if its onboard video chipset.

Please lists your system specs especially graphics card/adaptor.

You could also set your render mode to software if currently at hardware. Go to Tools/Options and set the software option.