• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator 2009 - Auto Fill From Disk

Trev White

Question

Hi Guys,

Just finished a torturous Creator 2009 install but can now Burn disks and stuff.

One of the first taks I need to under take is to create some Jewel case labels with track titles/Artist/etc. I believe this info can be sourced directly from the CDs in question if placed in a local drive.

I tried this and failed to populate the Track List or any smart fields. The test CD is a commercial music CD (Adelle 19 . . no comments please its my wifes!!)

So with the CD in drive I launch Creator 2009 and run the Lable Creator (also tried directly launching Label Creator). Using pretty much the defaults I tried to populate the Track list and Artist using the "Auto populate" option. I couldn't get this to work at all the list just stays as "Tracks".

Am I missing something obvious ??? Probably, but I've read the user guide and online docs but it states this should work. Can anyone help.

Regards

Trev.

3 answers to this question

Label Creator is suppose to access GraceNotes through the internet. That info is not written on most commercial audio CDs. This has been reported to Roxio.

There is a simple work around. Launch Music Disc Creator which does access GraceNotes correctly. Add all the songs to the MDC project. Click Tools / Create Labels - Inserts

This passes the info to Label Express. If you need more advanced Label editing, keep hitting NEXT until you see 'Edit in Label Creator'. That will pass the info to that app.

I know.... but it does work.

Label Creator is suppose to access GraceNotes through the internet. That info is not written on most commercial audio CDs. This has been reported to Roxio.

There is a simple work around. Launch Music Disc Creator which does access GraceNotes correctly. Add all the songs to the MDC project. Click Tools / Create Labels - Inserts

This passes the info to Label Express. If you need more advanced Label editing, keep hitting NEXT until you see 'Edit in Label Creator'. That will pass the info to that app.

I know.... but it does work.

HI GG,

Thanks for that (and your previous contribution in the download/install saga)

I just tried your suggestion and it does, as you say, work. It would seem the Label Creator is not attempting to lookup the Tracks/Artist on a CDDB when the source does not have it (as would be the case with untagged files like CDA, WAV, etc) Have Roxio acknowledged this short fall ???

I'm sure your aware that one could get some way through typing the tracks in manually while waiting for the temporary files to be created for each track when it is added to the MDC project.

Thanks again

Trevor