No Menu Displayed When I Click On Desktop Icon

gray_goast

Question

I just finished installing Roxio Creator 2009 (xmas gift). When I click on desktop icon per "Getting to know Creator" instruction a Roxio logo is briefly displayed in the center of the monitor and that's it - no Creator main window. If I open the applications subfolder and double click on each appliction individually, they all seem to work OK. I'm installing on an HP Pavilion 6000 lap top with VISTA OS. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times - no luck. Any suggestions as to why I can't get the main window open? Also when installing, the DVD drive goes nuts for a long time (~ 15 minutes) with the head jerking back and forth violently. I initially thought there was a problem with the CD/install software and was concerned about damaging the drive - so canceled the install. On the third install attempt, I decided to let it go and just walked away so it wouldn't bother me. When I came back several minutes later, the install window said the install was completed successfully. Seems odd that the install program would jerk the drive head around so violently.

3 answers to this question

This is my first time on the forum and I hope I am doing it right! I had the same installation problem- no shortcut key on the desktop but I could launch the applications individually from the folder but can't see the home window or main menu screen. I have successfully used EMC 7 and EMC9 and had no trouble. Now that I have a 1 week old Gateway Q6600 with Vista I do have a problem. Plus when in the sound editor and using a microphone to record voice, I get a constant clicking noise. I know it is not my microphone. Can you help me?

This is my first time on the forum and I hope I am doing it right! I had the same installation problem- no shortcut key on the desktop but I could launch the applications individually from the folder but can't see the home window or main menu screen. I have successfully used EMC 7 and EMC9 and had no trouble. Now that I have a 1 week old Gateway Q6600 with Vista I do have a problem. Plus when in the sound editor and using a microphone to record voice, I get a constant clicking noise. I know it is not my microphone. Can you help me?

Same answer :huh:

Read the thread.