Burning Cds

kelcorey88

Presuming that you and your kids are using the same blank discs, what software are you using to burn the CDs ? What software are the kids using? Same operating systems ?

The make / model numbers of your burner and theirs could also be helpful to unravel this puzzle.

Regards,

Brendon

when I burn music cds they will not play on my vehicle stereo(2008) sirius mp3, they play on my house stereo and my pc??? And my kids can burn them on there laptops and they will play in my vehicle

Just got to ask will that Sirius play standard CDs or must they be mp3? Which are you burning; it is not clear since you say "music cds"

There are different mp3 file format. Bit rate, and Constant bit rate or variable bit rate. Check the settings that you kids are using and check the requirements for that mp3 player. Check these settings out on you computer.

post-58-1231251095.jpg

Edited by sknis

Presuming that you and your kids are using the same blank discs, what software are you using to burn the CDs ? What software are the kids using? Same operating systems ?

The make / model numbers of your burner and theirs could also be helpful to unravel this puzzle.

Regards,

Brendon

the kids are using the same discs and program windows media and the CD-R discs

oops, sorry I thought that you were using a Roxio product and mis-posted

So did I.

Well in that case kelcorey88 since you're not using Roxio programs we can relax.

If the media and program used are the same, the only points of difference can be the Operating system, the method, and the hardware.

Are you all using the same Operating system and are you doing things exactly the same way, with the same MP3 files? If so, the make / model numbers of your burner and theirs might be essential to unravel this puzzle.

Brendon

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=46978

That would be an OEM Version, which is probably more or less crippled ...?

LYnn

It appears that the OP is not really interested in a solution since she is giving two different stories and really doesn't know what is going on. Perhaps she should ask the kids for help since they can look over her shoulder. Perhaps one of them can post the details.

Good suggestion, sknis.

To use Forums, one has to know how to look for appropriate places to post, how to check back to the posts.

It also helps to know a little Forum etiquette like sticking to one thread, and not hijacking someone else's thread just because the symptoms are similar.

Lynn

It appears that the OP is not really interested in a solution since she is giving two different stories and really doesn't know what is going on. Perhaps she should ask the kids for help since they can look over her shoulder. Perhaps one of them can post the details.

ya know sknis, instead of making rude comments you are suppose to be the digital guru trying to help me....maybe you and Lynn 98109 the digital master should get a real job, because you are of no help by crtiticizing. My story has stayed the same but I still havn't received the answer!

ya know sknis, instead of making rude comments you are suppose to be the digital guru trying to help me....maybe you and Lynn 98109 the digital master should get a real job, because you are of no help by crtiticizing. My story has stayed the same but I still havn't received the answer!

In any case, we still haven't clearly defined exactly what type(s) of disc are being made, and which are playing in your car stereo.

There are two different kinds of "music CD" to be made here, an MP3 CD, and an Audio CD.

An MP3 CD is very simply a Data CD full of .MP3 files and possibly a playlist (.M3U) file. If you look at an MP3 disc in Windows Explorer, you'll see actual file names and sizes.

An Audio CD will only hold a maximum of 80 minutes of music, and it contains tracks, not files. If you look at an Audio CD in Windows Explorer, you'll see "track01.CDA" etc., and they'll all show as being 1K in size.

So, look at the discs you have, and tell us:

a ) what type of disc is playing in your car stereo

b ) what type of disc you are writing

c ) what type of disc your kids are writing

And remember, we're not looking over you shoulder, you must be very clear and explicit in your explanations.

Edited by d_deweywright

That was NOT a rude comment, it was the truth. Sometimes we don't see what we are actually doing and someone looking over your shoulder will see the difference. Why do you have an objection to that?

Yes, your story changed; first you were using a Roxio product and now in this post you say you are not.

BTW, this is not my real job, I'm retired and like to help people who really want help and want to work together to solve the issue.

Please answer the questions in the post above since you did not respond to mine (post 3 with images).