• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Original Images In Dvd

Olid

Question

Hello All,

I am a newbie here, although I have previous experience with EMC. I used 7 in the past and recently started using 10. I have been able to create my slideshows and DVD's easy enough. The problem however is the this, the original photos used to create the DVD's are not on the disc.

If I remember correctly on EMC 7 there was an option to include original images with the DVD production. Does anyone have any ideas?

It is great being able to pass out DVD to the family, but they would also like to have the digital photos for their use.

Thanks for your help

B)

7 answers to this question

That option only works for the original photos if you used them directly in your project. It's not the way I do it however when wanting to include original photos.

Here are the basic steps I use to include any photos on a DVD disc.

Burn to a Video Folder set from MyDVD, do not burn directly to a disc or image file.

When done, open that folder set in Win explorer, add a folder for the photos, then copy the photo files to that folder.

Burn the folder set to a disc using Video copy & convert and make sure to check the option to include Data content from the source.

Here is a link to a post in the v8 forum that helps illustrate it a bit better. The only difference is in v8 the app is called disc Copier and in v 10 it's called Video copy & convert.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=167217

Well, I could not find disc copier or video copy and convert. Am I missing something? I am using version 9.1 (Roxio Creator Premier). It came with my dell...

Well, I could not find disc copier or video copy and convert. Am I missing something? I am using version 9.1 (Roxio Creator Premier). It came with my dell...

No, you are not missing anythng; the program is. You have a crippled, cut down, limited OEM version of the software.

Use Creator Classic if you have it.

No, you are not missing anythng; the program is. You have a crippled, cut down, limited OEM version of the software.

Use Creator Classic if you have it.

Classic won’t create a proper DVD Movie in V9. Or at least it was hit & miss… :huh:

But like Steve points out you just don’t have a real program there, just enough to make you realize what you are missing :lol:

I think all of it has been covered in this thread but I did do a post about this last year aimed at Creator 2009 – Here

In MyDVD, click on File, then click on Project Settings, then click in the box to the left of Archive Photos.

Thanks, this was very helpful to me. But I have another question that relates to this topic. So I can use the Archive Photos function. But can I add additional photos that are not related to the slideshow? I would like to have the slideshow on the dvd and another folder with the photos in the slideshow and any extra photos that are not on the slideshow. Is this possible? Thanks.

Thanks, this was very helpful to me. But I have another question that relates to this topic. So I can use the Archive Photos function. But can I add additional photos that are not related to the slideshow? I would like to have the slideshow on the dvd and another folder with the photos in the slideshow and any extra photos that are not on the slideshow. Is this possible? Thanks.

That option only works for the original photos if you used them directly in your project. It's not the way I do it however when wanting to include original photos.

Burn to a Video Folder set from MyDVD, do not burn directly to a disc or image file.

When done, open that folder set in Win explorer, add a folder for the photos, then copy the photo files to that folder.

Burn the folder set to a disc using Video copy & convert and make sure to check the option to include Data content from the source.

Here is a link to a post in the v8 forum that helps illustrate it a bit better. The only difference is in v8 the app is called disc Copier and in v 10 it's called Video copy & convert.

Hello All,

I am a newbie here, although I have previous experience with EMC. I used 7 in the past and recently started using 10. I have been able to create my slideshows and DVD's easy enough. The problem however is the this, the original photos used to create the DVD's are not on the disc.

If I remember correctly on EMC 7 there was an option to include original images with the DVD production. Does anyone have any ideas?

It is great being able to pass out DVD to the family, but they would also like to have the digital photos for their use.

Thanks for your help

B)

In MyDVD, click on File, then click on Project Settings, then click in the box to the left of Archive Photos.

Great, I will give it a try! Thanks for your help...Have a great weekend!

Archived