Elgato Turbo.264 Not Working

antz88c

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi all,

Toast 10 is working with Turbo.264. However, we’re aware of the issue with messaging and plan to correct it in a future update.

Thanks

Ivan

Just to confirm, even though you do not receive the notification that the device is being used, it is working. As Ivan states, we plan to correct this in a future update.

Guest ivanatrox

Hi all,

Toast 10 is working with Turbo.264. However, we’re aware of the issue with messaging and plan to correct it in a future update.

Thanks

Ivan

I have 2 Macs: a G5 iMac and a G4 iBook, both running the latest version of the Mac OS.

On both of them, running Toast 10 with the Turbo.264 plugged in, when I convert to H.264, the "got elgato turbo.264" message displays.

I've run comparison tests on both machines. First, I ran the "Cocktail" utility program which repaired permissions, since I thought that might be the reason for the incorrect display. It wasn't the reason. On both machines, converting with the Turbo.264 device plugged in produced much faster convert times than without it, and on both machines, Toast does not display the correct status message about the Turbo.264 being plugged in.

I can think of three possibilities:

1. The message displays correctly in Toast 10 only on Intel Macs. My two machines are pre-Intel processor;

2. There was a programming glitch when Toast 10 was written; or

3. The programmers left out the necessary code for the Turbo.264 status to display correctly.

That's a statement. Is there a question in there?

Did it work before? What programs have you added since it worked the last time? Has anything else beein going on with your computer? Are you getting an error message?

You are not charged by the word so feel free to expand on your statement.

BTW, put your computer specs in your signature by going to "My Controls" at the top of this page and then looking to the left to "Edit signature". Wahtever you put there will show up in al you old and new posta.

Its an info actually, yes it was working on Toast 9. Maybe an update from Elgato will fix the problem. But I usually use Toast to encode my videos.

Elgato Turbo.264 plugin is no longer working on Toast 10.

That's a statement. Is there a question in there?

Did it work before? What programs have you added since it worked the last time? Has anything else beein going on with your computer? Are you getting an error message?

You are not charged by the word so feel free to expand on your statement.

BTW, put your computer specs in your signature by going to "My Controls" at the top of this page and then looking to the left to "Edit signature". Wahtever you put there will show up in al you old and new posta.

It may be that your Turbo.264 is working but Toast displays the "got Elgato Turbo.264?" message instead of the message indicating your Turbo.264 is connected.

This seems to be the case with me and Toast 10. In Toast 9, the window correctly displayed the right message indicating that I was encoding with the Turbo.264.

I submitted a support ticket for this issue, and the tech support person suggested that I remove the Turbo.264 device and try encoding to see if the time involved was greater than with the Turbo.264 attached.

With the Turbo.264 attached, my encoding time was a little over 2 hours. Without the device plugged in, my encoding time was a little under 6 hours.

My conclusion is that the software is working with the Turbo.264 but not displaying correctly that this is the case.

Also, if you've downloaded the Turbo.264 update, you have to run the software with your Turbo.264 plugged in to configure the device.

Archived