• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Burning On Mac Partition

MacPartition

Question

I have a Mac Partition with XP on the partition. I can burn a movie file, DVD NTSC. The DVD completes, but the second thermometer still says 97% complete and then freezes. The DVD plays on our home DVD player. Is there anyone else using a partition. It took over 20 minutes to install Roxio Creator.

7 answers to this question

I have a Mac Partition with XP on the partition.

Mac's hard drive can be partitioned with the Mac OS on one side and Windows on the other.

Two partitions, a OS on each, much better but everyone can do that not just a Mac.

As for the "thermometer," it was the term taught to me many years ago.

Lets call it a progress bar, less confusing.

It is not Virtual PC. I have to literally reboot the computer and choose to run it in Windows.

What version of windows are you running?

cd

You posted in C2009 PC forum, if you want help with that don't mix any Mac with it. If you want help with Mac and Roxio software for it, post in the Mac forums further down the page.

The DVD completes, but the second thermometer still says 97% complete and then freezes

A thermometer is 'a instrument for measuring temperature' has nothing to do with Roxio software.

I have a Mac Partition with XP on the partition.

I've never heard of such a thing!

I'd suggest you start over with a well thought out post that most folks could understand, including as many details as possible.

cd

You posted in C2009 PC forum, if you want help with that don't mix any Mac with it. If you want help with Mac and Roxio software for it, post in the Mac forums further down the page.

A thermometer is 'a instrument for measuring temperature' has nothing to do with Roxio software.

I've never heard of such a thing!

I'd suggest you start over with a well thought out post that most folks could understand, including as many details as possible.

cd

Mac's hard drive can be partitioned with the Mac OS on one side and Windows on the other. The purpose is to be able to run Windows exclusive software. I have software that does not come in the Mac operating system; I therefore, have "partitioned" my Mac. Roxio is therefore, on the Windows side.

As for the "thermometer," it was the term taught to me many years ago. It is the bar that shows how far an operation has completed.

The window that shows the DVD burning operation has 2 bars or "thermometers." The bottom one shows the completion of the DVD and the top one shows the completion of the operation. The bottom one completes, and the DVD will work in a home DVD player once I reboot the computer and eject the DVD; however, the top one never completes and shows 97% completed. It freezes at that point.

The DVD plays on our home DVD player.
If the disc plays fine, I would think the disc finished as it should even though the indicator says overwise.

Are you dual booting the OSes or running Windows in a Virtual PC? I don't have a Mac, but years ago tried running Windows in Virtual mode with linux. There always seemed to be display problems.

If the disc plays fine, I would think the disc finished as it should even though the indicator says overwise.

Are you dual booting the OSes or running Windows in a Virtual PC? I don't have a Mac, but years ago tried running Windows in Virtual mode with linux. There always seemed to be display problems.

I am using BootCamp, which is Apple's own application. It is not Virtual PC. I have to literally reboot the computer and choose to run it in Windows. Virtual PC did not work with my other Windows software, as Virtual PC did not support Open GL.

Archived