• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transitions On Overlay Tracks?

jroc

Question

3 answers to this question

Like Walt said, the transitions don't seem to work with overlays, but the way I have gotten around it is to use the Start and End Motion (Settings > Motion) effects to create a Fade In and Fade Out effect on my overlay clips. If you put the overlays on different tracks, you can use this to create a cross fade effect.

Yeah, I've been doing that with the fades but I wanted some other choices of transitions. I like Walt's idea. Looking forward to trying that. Thanks, both.

Jim

Like Walt said, the transitions don't seem to work with overlays, but the way I have gotten around it is to use the Start and End Motion (Settings > Motion) effects to create a Fade In and Fade Out effect on my overlay clips. If you put the overlays on different tracks, you can use this to create a cross fade effect.

I've been trying to find some way to use transitions between photos on the overlay tracks but with no success. Is this impossible or am I missing something? :unsure::unsure:

Not possible. You would have to create a separate video of your overlay photos with transitions and use that as the overlay

Archived