Missing space

pointman70

Question

4 answers to this question

I was doing a dvd and the system crashed. I had 13gigs free but after booting up I had lost 10gigs of that. Is there somewhere that Roxio has left files that were being used to do the dvd? I did a HD search but can't find anything.

Not much information there. I was doing a DVD?

Delete your temp files, and you should regain space. You more than likely have all sorts of things in there from surfing the net, and other things. We all get it.

BTW, I have no clue what you were trying to do, but if you are doing video work, you need more space than 13GB.

Sorry for not providing more info.

I was creating a dvd from a DivX file. The process got to 29% when it crashed.

I have deleted all .tmp files, did a search for any large files that were created today, but found nothing.

Somewhere, somehow, 10gigs have disappeared from the HD.

Sorry for not providing more info.

I was creating a dvd from a DivX file. The process got to 29% when it crashed.

I have deleted all .tmp files, did a search for any large files that were created today, but found nothing.

Somewhere, somehow, 10gigs have disappeared from the HD.

Do you have hidden folders showing? The default for XP is to have them not show. Go to Documents and Settings/your user name, and see if you can see the Local Settings folder. If you can, then click on it. The Temp folder and Internet folder are two that you want to empty.

Do you have hidden folders showing? The default for XP is to have them not show. Go to Documents and Settings/your user name, and see if you can see the Local Settings folder. If you can, then click on it. The Temp folder and Internet folder are two that you want to empty.

Did that first thing. I have hidden files and folders showing too.

OK, it's fixed.

After several reboots over 4 hours, it finally freed up the space.

Archived