D2d Failing When Ejecting Cd

Nater

Question

I have several Win XP Pro sp3 computers. I've install D2D 7.1. In the past I have had no problems using D2D on XP machines. However, these machines are giving me fits. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. I think the issue is probably related to the actual DVD RW drive, but I'm not sure how. I have several of these identical systems having the issue.

I insert a blank CD-R Cd into the drive. I then copy files to the D2D window. The files copy fine. Once copied, I click Menu/Eject. The Eject Disc Options window opens. I select Close disc to be read on other computers and Protect disc. Eject

After about 4 minutes I get the following error:

"Error# 2003

Making the disc compatible with other systems has failed due to problems communicating with your hardware. The disc should still be readable on a computer with Drag-To-Disc installed. To be safe you should move the files that on the disc to a new disc."

Incidentally, I have connected a USB DVD RW to this machine and I am able to burn CDs fine.

Normally, I might say it's a bad drive and get a replacement. However, I have several of these machines with the same issue. Makes me think there may just be a setting that needs to be changed.

It also appears that Creator Classic isn't recognizing that I have a CD inserted.

Thank you

8 answers to this question

I have several Win XP Pro sp3 computers.

Do you have IE 7 or WMP 11 installed?

If not try below...

Try # 5 in my signature first, reboot and see if it's fixed.

5. Drive Not Recognized By Roxio.

If that doesn't do it find the IDE Controller the DVD Drive is on, right click, uninstall it, ok everything and reboot the PC.

cd

Do you have IE 7 or WMP 11 installed?

If not try below...

Try # 5 in my signature first, reboot and see if it's fixed.

5. Drive Not Recognized By Roxio.

If that doesn't do it find the IDE Controller the DVD Drive is on, right click, uninstall it, ok everything and reboot the PC.

cd

Thanks for the response. I have IE7, but not WMP 11 (have WMP 9) installed. Should I install it?

#5 didn't solve my issue.

How do I find the IDE Controller the DVD Drive is on? In Device Manager, the IDE drives don't seem to give me a clue.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the response. I have IE7, but not WMP 11 (have WMP 9) installed. Should I install it?

Did things work before IE 7?

IE 7 has broke different parts of V 7.

No don't install WMP 11 same problems with Roxio V 7.

At the top of V 7 forum there is a uninstall for IE 7.

Roxio EMC V 9 is the last version with D2D.

cd

cd

Removing IE7 and WMP11 didn't seem to resolve anything. I'd still like to give the IDE option a shot. Can you tell me how i can locate which control the DVD drive is on?

More information for you. I am able to write CDs with the Windows burning wizard and through Creator Classic. Seems D2D is the only thing not working. Version 9 seemed to have the same issue. I need D2D for a recording software used to record proceedings. The audio is recorded to the hard drive and the CD (with D2D) simultaneously.

Thank you.

Roxio EMC V 9 is the last version with D2D.

cd

Okay, I installed v9 with D2D.

It takes about 5-10 minutes just to format the CD-R. Then another 15-20 to write protect. While it is now "working", the time it takes to do these things seems excessive.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Okay, I installed v9 with D2D.

It takes about 5-10 minutes just to format the CD-R. Then another 15-20 to write protect. While it is now "working", the time it takes to do these things seems excessive.

Any ideas?

Thank you

If you are archiving important data, use Creator Classic, a program in the suite, instead. No formatting of the disc is needed.

Does your recording software really require that packet writing, burning software be used?

If you are archiving important data, use Creator Classic, a program in the suite, instead. No formatting of the disc is needed.

Does your recording software really require that packet writing, burning software be used?

Thanks for the reply. The software takes advantage of the packet writing feature, allowing a user to record to their hard drive while simultaneously sending a copy to the CD. The main benefit, is when the recording is complete, the audio is already on the CD, saving them several minutes and steps.

Thanks for the reply. The software takes advantage of the packet writing feature, allowing a user to record to their hard drive while simultaneously sending a copy to the CD. The main benefit, is when the recording is complete, the audio is already on the CD, saving them several minutes and steps.

I think that you just found the downside of that so called benefit.