• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Different Index Page Layout

Ijar

It's absolutely awful. I just spent a chunk of time repairing the visual assault with Adblock and Stylish. Good thing I'm not around much these days. (Avidemux is WONDERFUL!!)

PS . . . I just updated http://userstyles.org/styles/9086 but I had to block some of the images with Adblock to completely "fix" things.

Edited by sisterscape

Forum page displays are way toooooooo narrow! They must be set up for 9" screens. Didn't anyone look at the previous reponses when the page displays were narrowed?

You obviously are not using 800x600, which shows it as too wide - a lot of back-and-forth use of the scrollbar is needed :(

I could never figure out why people insist in making pages (tables) that are so many pixels wide. I would think that they could make the tables a certain percentage of the screen width. Say 95 %. I used that when I was using Front Page. That worked on laptops to large screen monitors. The table would be longer but there was no side to side scrolling. I can't believe that Invision would not have that sort of option.

I'm not sure what a small screen resolution would do though but I think that worked also.

Yes, percentages are the way to go. Fortunately, with the help of Stylish addon (and Firefox) you could change from fixed width to %. Seems Roxio is as clueless about web design as it is about their software. ;)

Not much you can do if you're stuck using IE . . .

Edited by sisterscape