• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Background Music

USER 1

Question

I have used "Sonic" My DVD 4.0 for years to create DVD's of up to 300 vacation photos with background music. Unfortunately, My DVD 4.0 only allows 1 track of background music per chapter of 99 photos forcing me to limit the # of photos to match the time of the music track.

QUESTION 1. Does Creator 2009, or My DVD 10, allow more than a single track of music per chapter?

QUESTION 2. Does Creator 2009, or My DVD 10, allow you to copy tracks from several CD's and merge them into a single seamless music track providing at least 8 minutes of background music that can be applied to a single chapter?

Not very technical questions, but currently not sure if I should buy Creator 2009. My DVD 10, or just stick with My DVD 4 and limit chapter size. Thanks if anyone has a suggestion.

5 answers to this question

whatever you do, don't be tempted by the Premium edition whic is often bundled with Creator 9, I am very dissapointed with it, the programme itself is full of exciting features and animations, but who wants to listen to the same music track throughout a photoshow? you can only use one track which is ridiculous!

You don't know how to use the program yet. Your slideshow example is completely wrong. Look at your Thread – Here

But of course one should look at Creator 2009 and weigh the value of the Premium edition against their needs.

I have used "Sonic" My DVD 4.0 for years to create DVD's of up to 300 vacation photos with background music. Unfortunately, My DVD 4.0 only allows 1 track of background music per chapter of 99 photos forcing me to limit the # of photos to match the time of the music track.

QUESTION 1. Does Creator 2009, or My DVD 10, allow more than a single track of music per chapter?

QUESTION 2. Does Creator 2009, or My DVD 10, allow you to copy tracks from several CD's and merge them into a single seamless music track providing at least 8 minutes of background music that can be applied to a single chapter?

Not very technical questions, but currently not sure if I should buy Creator 2009. My DVD 10, or just stick with My DVD 4 and limit chapter size. Thanks if anyone has a suggestion.

Question 1. Yes, it does offer several tracks for music. If you get the program, use VideoWave for creating your slide shows.

Oh, don't buy MyDVD 10. Get Roxio Creator 2009, if your systems specs, FAR exceed the listed minimum requirements.

Question 2. Yes, use Sound Editor, in Creator 2009. Bring in your music tracks, and output the combined tracks to a .wav file. You can then use that .wav file in your VideoWave production.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. You mentioned that Creator 2009 might be what I needed if my computer 'FAR" exceeded minimum requirements. My computer info is listed below. Should I be O. K. to install? Also should I remove "MY DVD 4.0" program before trying installation?

Housing is a Gateway Media Center CT5028

CPU is a AMD Athlon 3800+ with 64 x 2 dual core processors.

Motherboard ? (came with computer)

DDR RAM is 1 Gig DDR RAM

Video Card ? (came with computer)

Sound Card ? (came with computer)

Hard Drive C is 228GB, (Free Space 185 GB)

Recovery D is 4.37GB,(Free Space 1.38GB)

E Drive is a TSST Corp CD/DVD-W TS H552D

F Drive is a HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR 8164B

OP SYSTEM is WINDOWS XP with SP2 Media Edition

whatever you do, don't be tempted by the Premium edition whic is often bundled with Creator 9, I am very dissapointed with it, the programme itself is full of exciting features and animations, but who wants to listen to the same music track throughout a photoshow? you can only use one track which is ridiculous!

Archived