• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mkv Files

BFP

Question

5 answers to this question

How do you bring MKV files into CREATE DVDS?

I've never gotten it to work as it's not a supported file and still a rather exotic format. You'll need to do some searching online for converters to convert to avi or mpeg first before importing into Roxio. I think Virtualdub will work but not from personal experience. Maybe Handbrake or GuardianKnot.

Maybe visit the Mastroka site for info.

I've never gotten it to work as it's not a supported file and still a rather exotic format. You'll need to do some searching online for converters to convert to avi or mpeg first before importing into Roxio. I think Virtualdub will work but not from personal experience. Maybe Handbrake or GuardianKnot.

Maybe visit the Mastroka site for info.

I do have a converter but you lose some of the quality of the video going thru the conversion process. Besides...it is just one more step needed to make the DVD. It would be nice to directly import it. :blink:

I do have a converter but you lose some of the quality of the video going thru the conversion process. Besides...it is just one more step needed to make the DVD. It would be nice to directly import it. :blink:

Because of the properties of the file, even if Roxio accepted it, to convert to a dvd from its' compressed form, you'd loose some quality either way. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. ;)

If you're going to create DVDs, you should stick with standard formats. Just like DivX and Xvid, MKV is not a valid video DVD file format and will have to be converted to MPEG 2. If you can convert to MPEG 2, then MyDVD should use that file without further conversion. Make sure the bitrate is between 3Mbps and 9Mbps. You can use AC3, PCM or MP3 audio. AC3 is the default in MyDVD.

Archived