• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Convert Vcr/camera Analog To Disk

DINKY377

Question

I HAVE A HP COMPUTER WITH VISTA MEDIA PACKAGE SP1 64 BIT WITH A DIGITAL TUNER ONLY

DOES ROXIO HAVE A PRODUCT TO DO THIS REMEMBER THIS IS 64BIT

I HAD ROXIO CREATOR 6 ON A XP WINDOW COMPUTER AND IT WORKED WELL

I AM USING A VCR AND CAMERA TO TRY AND CAPTURE, EDIT, AND OUTPUT TO DVD

THE ONLY PRODUCT CLOSE TO WHAT I WOULD NEED APPEARS TO BE A PINNACLE STUDIO ULTIMATE DOES ROXIO

HAVE SUCH A PRODUCT

DINKY377

5 answers to this question

Yes, most of Roxio suites will do this - as long as you have a hardware device which is able to convert analog to digital (Pinnacle also requires this).

The latest Roxio version (Roxio Creator 2009) even has a special package designed exactly for this purpose: it even includes the capture device.

BTW, don't shot at us and please turn off the caps lock (unless you have a visual problem)

Thanks for you reply and putting me on this path

my main concern is with vista sp1 64bit and a digital tuner only is that developers have not completly caught up with vista 64 bit

I am not trying to be fancy but I just want to convert the vhs tapes to dvd to preserve them

? will I be able to possibly edit the files before I put them to dvd with easy vhs to dvd

your reply will help again thanks for putting me on this path

I HAVE A HP COMPUTER WITH VISTA MEDIA PACKAGE SP1 64 BIT WITH A DIGITAL TUNER ONLY

DOES ROXIO HAVE A PRODUCT TO DO THIS REMEMBER THIS IS 64BIT

I HAD ROXIO CREATOR 6 ON A XP WINDOW COMPUTER AND IT WORKED WELL

I AM USING A VCR AND CAMERA TO TRY AND CAPTURE, EDIT, AND OUTPUT TO DVD

THE ONLY PRODUCT CLOSE TO WHAT I WOULD NEED APPEARS TO BE A PINNACLE STUDIO ULTIMATE DOES ROXIO

HAVE SUCH A PRODUCT

DINKY377

Yes, most of Roxio suites will do this - as long as you have a hardware device which is able to convert analog to digital (Pinnacle also requires this).

The latest Roxio version (Roxio Creator 2009) even has a special package designed exactly for this purpose: it even includes the capture device.

BTW, don't shot at us and please turn off the caps lock (unless you have a visual problem)

Regarding Studio Ultimate with a 64 bit system: this from Pinnacle themselves.

Windows® XP with SP2 or Windows Vista™ operating system (32 bit Windows Vista recommended)

Basically there are NO apps (apart from very top end CAD) software that are 64 bit

Digital Guru. Nice to know you, I'm from Toronto.

Thru my HP MYDVD that came with media centre, I tried to video capture an anlogue tape. My PC has Coexant Falcon NTSC TV tuner/video capture. Connections were 2 audio and 1 composite on the card as required.

I didn't even start; "Macrovision detected . . . ." error came up and aborted everything after I entered file name. Cam was off.

Help, sos, can someone get me going? Even windows movie maker freezes when I do this.

Digital Guru. Nice to know you, I'm from Toronto.

Thru my HP MYDVD that came with media centre, I tried to video capture an anlogue tape. My PC has Coexant Falcon NTSC TV tuner/video capture. Connections were 2 audio and 1 composite on the card as required.

I didn't even start; "Macrovision detected . . . ." error came up and aborted everything after I entered file name. Cam was off.

Help, sos, can someone get me going? Even windows movie maker freezes when I do this.

You cannot capture from Macrovision protected VHS tapes. No "legal" program will do this

Archived