• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Is A Rip Off

JRC

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there! I have had very a bad time tring to download a product I purchased from Roxio. I've spent hours wading through the on-line support only to arrive at pages that say "This page no longer available." I can't get any info from anyone at the company. They want us to pay $1.89 a minute to talk to a service rep. who may or may not be able to solve the problem. I can't get my money refunded either. I'll never buy anything from Roxio again and I will make a point to tell everyone I know not to buy Roxio products.

What product did you order that you can't find the page for? I presume you DID turn off any pop-up blockers first????

I aloso assume you contacted Customer Services over non-availability of a paid for download?

Now why you would assume that a Tech Support deal with Customer Support is a mystery to me

As for the second poster with a totally differennt issue: you got a cut-down OEM version which is supported by the OEM - in your case HP - and updates are not available from Roxio - they come from HP

I started an anlogue video capture on MyDVD that came with my HP media center. It didn't go.

Support talked about online chat. Was not there where it said it was.

I want to upgrade, but this post is not good news.

What's an alternative?

This forum, where lots of knowledgeable people help others for free. ;)

I started an anlogue video capture on MyDVD that came with my HP media center. It didn't go.

Support talked about online chat. Was not there where it said it was.

I want to upgrade, but this post is not good news.

What's an alternative?

Start a new topic in the correct forum stating what software suite you have, what program from the suite your are using, what are your system specs? All you have posted is "my car wont start!" :blink: Your post has nothing at all to do with JRC's rant.

BTW, if the software came with your HP, it is an OEM version (with meany features crippled) and HP is responsible for helping you.

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there! I have had very a bad time tring to download a product I purchased from Roxio. I've spent hours wading through the on-line support only to arrive at pages that say "This page no longer available." I can't get any info from anyone at the company. They want us to pay $1.89 a minute to talk to a service rep. who may or may not be able to solve the problem. I can't get my money refunded either. I'll never buy anything from Roxio again and I will make a point to tell everyone I know not to buy Roxio products.

Hi JRC -

Sorry to hear your having problems downloading our software.

Generally these instructions can help you download or re-download your Roxio software:

• Digital River handles orders from the Roxio eStore.
  • Order numbers will be 9 or 10 digits in length
  • To re-download:

1. Go to www.findmyorder.com/roxio and use your Order Number and Password -OR- use your email address used at the time of purchase and last 5 digits of your credit card.

2. Scroll to the product that you wish to re-download……click the download button.

3. If no download button appears please contact Digital River at 1 800 656 5443 or e-mail them.

4. You can also purchase a backup CD from this location.

Or you can simply call Digital River using the number above.

Thanks,

Jon

I already been through all the things you mentioned several times. My order number, password and last 5 cerdit card digits are no longer recognized by the website you mentioned. I have called digital river..they refered me back to Roxio. It goes round and around. Very disappointing and unfair. Also, my computer has no HP in it stuff at all.

Edited by JRC

I already been through all the things you mentioned several times. My order number, password and last 5 cerdit card digits are no longer recognized by the website you mentioned. I have called digital river..they refered me back to Roxio. It goes round and around. Very disappointing and unfair. Also, my computer has no HP in it stuff at all.

Yikes. Well, if you bought it from Roxio's eStore (online) then Digital River *should* handle it. Or did you purchase from some place like Amazon or another vendor?

When did you make the purchase? What product was it? When DR refers you back to Roxio, what kind of directions are they mentioning to you or what is their reasoning for not helping you?

Sorry for all the questions, just want get you moving.

Thanks,

Jon

ok I hear ya. Assuming this was a recent purchase and was directly from Roxio Online Store (Digital River)

1. Go to www.findmyorder.com/roxio

2. Enter the Order No for both i.e. "your order number" and "your password"

3. So what did DR CS say? Were they able to locate your Order details?

As jonatsonic mentioned providing some more details will help further assist you.

I may be joining you shortly! I sent two e-mail questions, one on the 5th and one on the 6th, and have yet to hear anything back other than the automated response indicating their receipt. Pretty poor customer service in this day and age I think.

Just post your problem in the appropriate section of the board and someone will try to help - also make sure to post your computer specs along with the problem (basically CPU and speed, Gtaphics card and RAM). Also whether or not you updated the graphics from the card maker's site and updated DirectX from MS and what OS you are using.

Sometimes trying to get those details can be akin to pulling teeth :lol: