• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

dtfacc

Improvement

Question

1. I put stickers on a picture that I took vertically and the sticker goes on right but when replayed it's on wrong

2. One song for 81 pictures is VERY annoying...Simple Star let us choose as many as we wanted.

3. I hate the captions...they are SO big they cover half the picture

4. I loved the bubbles I put over their heads showing what they said or thought

5. I liked that I could time the picture...like if it a picture of a tree, maybe I would want to see it for 5 secs but a picture that I had captions would could be viewed for 10 seconds, long enough for people to read it.

6. Don't I get to choose which picture I want on the cover when I e-mail the photoshow out to people.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

11 answers to this question

1. I put stickers on a picture that I took vertically and the sticker goes on right but when replayed it's on wrong

2. One song for 81 pictures is VERY annoying...Simple Star let us choose as many as we wanted.

5. I liked that I could time the picture...like if it a picture of a tree, maybe I would want to see it for 5 secs but a picture that I had captions would could be viewed for 10 seconds, long enough for people to read it.

6. Don't I get to choose which picture I want on the cover when I e-mail the photoshow out to people.

Oh my... is this all accurate? I thought I was just having trouble with my new version! So, it's true that I can only have ONE song.. really?? So by the end of 60 pics going at average speed (which by the way I liked that I could pic the speed of indivdual pics) I will hear the same song... 4 times? Gezz that alone makes me want my money back.

I completely agree with you. I LOVED SimpleStar photo show. I could control music, captions,speed, how each picture would change...everything. NOW...I hate this new Roxio product. I can still "create" on the old SimpleStar, but I can't burn a DVD. I wonder if there's any way to continue with the old one?????

I too just recently purchased this product...having used the old "free" version a year or so ago (I guess through Simple Star) and am sooooo frustrated that I can't add more than one song!! What a waste of time and money.

I submitted a question about it to support (before seeing this area) and have been waiting several days for a reply. I really think I was "taken" on this one.

Oh gosh, list is my list exactly!! I downloaded version 5 yesterday and am now able to do what I used to do!

If I don't get the basics back (and I mean basics) I don't think I will be renewing my subscription.

I agree totally. I would love to have my old version back. Sometimes new is not improved. In this case new is down right frustrating. I will be looking for something better.

you are sooooooooooo right with everything you have said, I have found a way round this annoying "thing" of one track for a full photoshow, I have bought, online, a download called MP3 joiner, what this does is to join all of your music tracks and make the one MP3 file, I know it will be a bit of a problem using a song which you think appropriate for a set of pictures which we could do previous, but it's better than nothing, http://www.pistonsoft.com/dmp3join.zip I hope this might help you

Kindest regards

Thanks for the great link and info!

I am looking into trying this software, and after reading this, it doesnt seem like a big issue.

Since almost every post on here was from a "Newbie" with 0 posts, I am guessing all of these complaints are from the same user. All new accounts created within days of each other, or the same day.

Pretty obvious it's the same person trying to make the product look bad. If you spent as much time looking for a resolution, you can see you could've saved time and aggrevasion.

This forum needs an IP ban.

I have posted quite a few complaints about htis product and if it me as a newbie you may be referring to,and I apologise if it is not, but I have bad issues with the product and does seem a lot of others do too, it most certainly has not stood up to my expectations!

I agree totally. I would love to have my old version back. Sometimes new is not improved. In this case new is down right frustrating. I will be looking for something better.

Let us know what you find. I think we all are looking for something better now that Photoshow is JUNK.

Bring back Simple Star !!! :angry2:

I'd just like to point out that when you buy PhotoShow premium service you can STILL USE PhotoShow 5 and all those features for making shows. The full version of PhotoShow 5 is available on your account page with a serial number so that you can download it at any time.

PhotoShow 5 users have never been able to upload shows online that contained MP3 files, so there is no difference between Simple Star and Roxio in this regard. If you like version 5, by all means stick with it. You can burn DVDs with multiple MP3s, export video files, etc. You can also continue to upload shows from version 5 that do not contain custom MP3s (same as before).

In the meantime, if you want to create a show with the new web service or version 6, you have the additional ability to add an MP3 file and share it online or order a DVD through the PhotoShow DVD service. This is new functionality that Roxio was able to make available.

I hope this helps.

I use 5 and 6 for the reasons stated above. I hope Roxio continues to make improvements to version 6 and hope they will extend the annual membership for those of us (pioneers) that purchased the online version that wasn't and still isn't a "complete" product. When multiple songs ability is re-added like in version 5, then I will consider the product useful for my longer shows. Upon that date, our annual membership should start. Once we are all happy with the product, we will recommend to others and sales will greatly increase for Roxio.

I use 5 and 6 for the reasons stated above. I hope Roxio continues to make improvements to version 6 and hope they will extend the annual membership for those of us (pioneers) that purchased the online version that wasn't and still isn't a "complete" product. When multiple songs ability is re-added like in version 5, then I will consider the product useful for my longer shows. Upon that date, our annual membership should start. Once we are all happy with the product, we will recommend to others and sales will greatly increase for Roxio.

I also use version 5, and enjoy the new changes to Roxio photoshow desktop version 6, when used with the older version 5 desktop software: I make the show in version 5, use my own mp3's, mulitiple songs, do the photo edits (red eye, crop, etc.) and add all the text, as well as choose my cover photo, saving the finished show. Then I open the Roxio verison 6 desktop program, open the saved show from verison 5, (file, open) and upload it to the Roxio photosharing web site. I email the link to my family, and order the mpeg4 version on line. Yes, it is a little more involved, but it works. And, finally, we can upload the shows with our own mp3 files.

I'd just like to point out that when you buy PhotoShow premium service you can STILL USE PhotoShow 5 and all those features for making shows. The full version of PhotoShow 5 is available on your account page with a serial number so that you can download it at any time.

PhotoShow 5 users have never been able to upload shows online that contained MP3 files, so there is no difference between Simple Star and Roxio in this regard. If you like version 5, by all means stick with it. You can burn DVDs with multiple MP3s, export video files, etc. You can also continue to upload shows from version 5 that do not contain custom MP3s (same as before).

In the meantime, if you want to create a show with the new web service or version 6, you have the additional ability to add an MP3 file and share it online or order a DVD through the PhotoShow DVD service. This is new functionality that Roxio was able to make available.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, Roxio, for making those changes! I love being able to finally upload my shows with my own music, which usually works better with the slides than the ones included with the program, though I appreciate any additional music provided in the program. I was finally able to use the song "Happy Birthday" for a child's birthday party! Keep on making the improvments, and when you can get the two programs (versions 5 and 6) totally combined, it will be perfect!