Add Custom Text Effect

FSchleyhahn

Question

Hello. In VideoWave, I would like to use the 'Black Outline' Text Effect on all of the slides on which I want to add Text. However, instead of the default 'White' fill on the letters, I would like this to be 'Yellow'.

I see that there is a 'Custom' option when looking at the categories for adding a Text Effect, but I don't know how (or if it is possible) to create a new 'Black Outline' Text Effect with Yellow fill.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hello. In VideoWave, I would like to use the 'Black Outline' Text Effect on all of the slides on which I want to add Text. However, instead of the default 'White' fill on the letters, I would like this to be 'Yellow'.

I see that there is a 'Custom' option when looking at the categories for adding a Text Effect, but I don't know how (or if it is possible) to create a new 'Black Outline' Text Effect with Yellow fill.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks

You can do that. Select the Black Outline text effect as usual. Click on the text in the Preview window and then right click and select "Select All" from the context menu. Then in the Settings panel, click on the second tab labeled "Color" and click on the drop down arrow next to the white Solid color indicator to show the other colors. Click on the color Yellow to set your 'fill' to yellow.

Also, since you want to add this to all your slides, you can go back to the Main panel in the text effect settings and click on "New" next to the Style settings. Type in a name for your Style and save the Font settings. Click OK. Now it will show up in the Style drop down list, where you can just click on that to apply your new style to any text you create.

post-24553-1231291723.gif

Thanks for the fast reply. I should have mentioned that I am using EMC 10--Can this be done in that version?

Thanks again.

I figured it out--it works just fine. However, I tried to keep the motion effect of Fade In/Fade Out within the style I created but that doesn't appear to stick when I save it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks for the fast reply. I should have mentioned that I am using EMC 10--Can this be done in that version?

Thanks again.

I figured it out--it works just fine. However, I tried to keep the motion effect of Fade In/Fade Out within the style I created but that doesn't appear to stick when I save it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I believe you are correct, the Motion effects would have to be applied individually. Although try copying the text after you have gotten in the way you want it and then pasting it to the new slide. Then you should retain the fades and just have to change the text.

Edited by karri