• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copying Cd To Cd

VENDY

Question

Hello Tech,

Is there a reason why I cannot BURN a copy of a KARAOKE CD to another CD?

I have Roxio Creator 2009, used all the given information and resources to burn a copy but still

no lyrics shown with the music on the Copy CD (Karaoke format.)

I used Copy Disk, burn DATA DISK, CREATE DATA DISK IMAGE and then burn it, COPY AND CONVERT DISK and still

no Graphics just Audio. Updated my drive firmware and still the copy disk has only audio.

I'm surprise why ROXIO CREATOR 2009 not able to copy CD+G Karaoke Disc to another Disc.

If it can copy a PHOTO SLIDE SHOW, Why can't it copy a CD with graphics as in a (KARAOKE FORMAT?)

Any suggestions why it's not working? or do I need a different software to burn Karaoke formats?

I might try a different Software if no suggestion of how do I go about using Roxio creator 2009

burning a karaoke format CD to another CD.

7 answers to this question

Hello Tech,

Is there a reason why I cannot BURN a copy of a KARAOKE CD to another CD?

I have Roxio Creator 2009, used all the given information and resources to burn a copy but still

no lyrics shown with the music on the Copy CD (Karaoke format.)

I used Copy Disk, burn DATA DISK, CREATE DATA DISK IMAGE and then burn it, COPY AND CONVERT DISK and still

no Graphics just Audio. Updated my drive firmware and still the copy disk has only audio.

I'm surprise why ROXIO CREATOR 2009 not able to copy CD+G Karaoke Disc to another Disc.

If it can copy a PHOTO SLIDE SHOW, Why can't it copy a CD with graphics as in a (KARAOKE FORMAT?)

Any suggestions why it's not working? or do I need a different software to burn Karaoke formats?

I might try a different Software if no suggestion of how do I go about using Roxio creator 2009

burning a karaoke format CD to another CD.

If that is a commercial Karaoke CD then it may be copy-protected and Roxio won't copy it.

If that is a commercial Karaoke CD then it may be copy-protected and Roxio won't copy it.

--------------------

Walt

________________________________________________________________________________

__

Hi Walt,

I did checked the Copy-Protected status and it's not protected from making multi copies.

I bought the CD for personal use and would like to burn another copy in-case this one worned out,

warped or cracked. Have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Vendy

Hi Walt,

I did checked the Copy-Protected status and it's not protected from making multi copies.

I bought the CD for personal use and would like to burn another copy in-case this one worned out,

warped or cracked. Have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Vendy

Just a note, here: This isn't Roxio Tech Support. This is a users forum, and we are users of the software, like you.

How do you know the CD isn't copy protected?

I don't think your copy problem has anything to do with copy protection.

The problem is that CD+G discs are a 'special' type, nothing at all like a "Slideshow" disc. The graphics data (words) are part of a subchannel on the disc which none of the main stream applications (Roxio & Sonic included) are designed to work with. There could also be an issue with your burner, as it appears that the burner has to be able to support writing the special format of those discs.

Your best bet is to do a Google search for "copy CD+G discs". You should be able to find more detailed information on possible software apps and hardware that can copy those discs for you.

Just a note, here: This isn't Roxio Tech Support. This is a users forum, and we are users of the software, like you.

How do you know the CD isn't copy protected?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, I do know this is a users forum and thanks for reminding me. Tech was just a name used for conversation purposes only. Any way, the Karaoke CD mentioned here IS NOT COPY PROTECTED. My friend was able to make a copy for me using NERO software and I have Roxio Creator 2009. If the CD was copy protected, NERO would not be able to copy it. I just wanted to know if I'm missing something or am I using the correct Burning process? Or do I need to go to a different route?

Thanks, for replying....

I don't think your copy problem has anything to do with copy protection.

The problem is that CD+G discs are a 'special' type, nothing at all like a "Slideshow" disc. The graphics data (words) are part of a subchannel on the disc which none of the main stream applications (Roxio & Sonic included) are designed to work with. There could also be an issue with your burner, as it appears that the burner has to be able to support writing the special format of those discs.

Your best bet is to do a Google search for "copy CD+G discs". You should be able to find more detailed information on possible software apps and hardware that can copy those discs for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Larry, I will use your suggestion and look for more information on CD+G (Karaoke format) burning software.

Do appreciate the information.

Thank you all for replying..

Vendy...

Archived