Sign in to follow this  
thebatman

Problem With Toast 10 Downloadable

Question

:angry2: Ok lets see a raise of hands that every time you turn around there's a New toast out "ahum"

Now lets see a show of hands they never send us (you know us... the people that keep buying the same program with a little Twist over and over again)

Here's my gripe I payed for a Downloadable Toast 10 and first they send me to internet no mans land with no Download to be found. Then after spending a freakin hour trying to find a useable link to Email them (They keep sending me to the same "F"n Help page) I managed to find something that looked like it would get my problem to a concerned person.

Well get no where I got... I received an Email with the same links that unsuccessfully put me in the same place I was in the beginning of the day.

Is there Life out there? did Roxio get swallowed into the Matrix? (This could be a Tech problem at $1.89 a min) wheres my $1.89 a min first off if your going to put software on line then run off to the big Mac Show for the week then you better have all your eyes dotted and tee's crossed before you fly away from the mother ship.

I say any one that reads this get on board let this company know after paying for almost ten years of premium updates (No one truly ever got a break from you guys!) cut this handing us the bone... I paid $129.00 for a downloadable and you send me Toast 9 I already bought Toast 9 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 oh yah Creator also (when I was running PC "Sorry Guys!) Why bother to give you guys any information of Email address you never check to see who has what.

Please get your fingers off the #$^@ &%$ button and look at thousands of users that pay for this problem start giving back a little and cut the crud...............

:angry2: ...

I say any one that reads this get on board let this company know after paying for almost ten years of premium updates (No one truly ever got a break from you guys!) cut this handing us the bone... I paid $129.00 for a downloadable and you send me Toast 9 I already bought Toast 9 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 oh yah Creator also (when I was running PC "Sorry Guys!) Why bother to give you guys any information of Email address you never check to see who has what.

Please get your fingers off the #$^@ &%$ button and look at thousands of users that pay for this problem start giving back a little and cut the crud...............

I had the same problem!!! Roxio has sent to me a link for a download of Toast 9 instead of 10!!! Is it possibile to ha an answer about this astonishing poblem???

Here's another "me too!"

I decided to buy Toast 10 when I received Roxio's email invitation to do so. Purchase completed, but the order sat in Digital River's queue with a status of Order Submitted for a day. I have discovered that Order Submitted is not the same as Order Shipped or Order Completed. When the email to download finally arrived (after a few trips to "There's no download button" and "I forgot my password" (because there wasn't one)) the license keys and product description were for Toast 10, but the download file tries to install Toast 9 (which I bought only 60 days ago, but that's another story).

If Roxio was a startup company I suppose we could cut them some slack, but hey, it isn't like that haven't rolled out a new version of Toast at least 9 other times before.

Doug

Not sure if they fixed things that may not be working, but I was able to download the pro version w/o problems. It took about 45 min as it is almost 700mb.

Not sure if they fixed things that may not be working, but I was able to download the pro version w/o problems. It took about 45 min as it is almost 700mb.

When did you purchase Toast 10? Better, when did you submit you order?

UPDATE: I've now received an answer to my ticket in the customer care:

Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

We have refunded your purchase and wish to advise you that the problem has now been fixed if you wish to repurchase

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

It's a good new but I think that Roxio should explain what happened to everyone who has purchased Toast 10 and who has had this problem.

Edited by Fulvio Liberatore

When did you purchase Toast 10? Better, when did you submit you order?

UPDATE: I've now received an answer to my ticket in the customer care:

Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

We have refunded your purchase and wish to advise you that the problem has now been fixed if you wish to repurchase

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

It's a good new but I think that Roxio should explain what happened to everyone who has purchased Toast 10 and who has had this problem.

Sounds like Digital River" (download) connection with Roxio had the problem and not Roxio per se. Perhaps in the "glamorization" of the Roxio web site, the new link was not carried over. :)

It is interesting however because I believe Roxio's policy is to stop selling the "old" version with the introduction of a new one.

Guest ivanatrox

For anyone who ordered Toast 10 Pro but received the wrong download, you should receive an e-mail by last night to help you resolve the issue. If you did not receive any e-mail and continue having the same issue, please PM me your order number and I'll help you obtain the correct files once I verify your order.

Thanks

Ivan

It's NOT fixed as of this morning (9:06 am 1/8/2009). I asked for a refund. They're still pushing out Toast 9 instead of Toast 10 and not responding to emails.

Disappointing roll out.

-K

:angry Still: Now Read this one!

I can believe this ...... they're going to charge me again!!!!!

"Attention" the wizards handing out brains in aile 10

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of Toast 10 at the Roxio Online Store.

Unfortunately, an error occurred which will prevent you from downloading this product. To correct this issue, we ask you to please place a new order

by going to the following web page:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/pro/overview.html

Add Toast 10 to your shopping cart and apply the following coupon code: *********

If correctly entered, you will not be charged for your new order of Toast 10.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Sincerely,

Roxio Online Store

Customer Service.

This is BS they want to charge me again !

I hope the Fu*Kin Mac Expo was a good one for you A-holes I think this is the only way people like you that treat people like your paying customer will wake up. I guess you can't get someone on the phone to do the right thing. I received calls from other companies like Parallels they had problems (Resolved. Happy Ending) and oh.... "heck" Waves called me from Isreal just to clear up there mess they where having (Happy ending Again).

It's called doing the right business not giving the business ..... a little goes a long way. Here's some of my suggestion's

1) Stop Charging so much #$^@ money for upgrades to recurring customers.

2) (This is for the poor guys who payed full price for Toast 9 a few weeks ago give them free 10 up date)

(if you don't this will prove you guys really suck and where complete idiots in paying into this)

I'm fine paying the price for Toast 10 but where the heck is it ?

3)And last any of us that are sitting in digital limbo please send us the #$^@ Program (Toast 10) I refuse to have you get payed again. Just make a #$^@ attachment to give us what we paid for and cut all this security junk out.

This shouldn't be our problem this was yours.

We did nothing wrong I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels put out here reevaluate and take care of your devoted customers!

Ok I think you need to calm down here. Ranting will lead the issue nowhere.

Now real question - did you attempt to purchase "download" or "DVD"? The coupon code is only valid for "download", I think. So go ahead and try it again. This time patiently and choosing 'download" and see if things work fine this time. The charge on the order should be $0.

Guest ivanatrox
:angry Still: Now Read this one!

I can believe this ...... they're going to charge me again!!!!!

"Attention" the wizards handing out brains in aile 10

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of Toast 10 at the Roxio Online Store.

Unfortunately, an error occurred which will prevent you from downloading this product. To correct this issue, we ask you to please place a new order

by going to the following web page:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/pro/overview.html

Add Toast 10 to your shopping cart and apply the following coupon code: *********

If correctly entered, you will not be charged for your new order of Toast 10.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Sincerely,

Roxio Online Store

Customer Service.

This is BS they want to charge me again !

I hope the Fu*Kin Mac Expo was a good one for you A-holes I think this is the only way people like you that treat people like your paying customer will wake up. I guess you can't get someone on the phone to do the right thing. I received calls from other companies like Parallels they had problems (Resolved. Happy Ending) and oh.... "heck" Waves called me from Isreal just to clear up there mess they where having (Happy ending Again).

It's called doing the right business not giving the business ..... a little goes a long way. Here's some of my suggestion's

1) Stop Charging so much #$^@ money for upgrades to recurring customers.

2) (This is for the poor guys who payed full price for Toast 9 a few weeks ago give them free 10 up date)

(if you don't this will prove you guys really suck and where complete idiots in paying into this)

I'm fine paying the price for Toast 10 but where the heck is it ?

3)And last any of us that are sitting in digital limbo please send us the #$^@ Program (Toast 10) I refuse to have you get payed again. Just make a #$^@ attachment to give us what we paid for and cut all this security junk out.

This shouldn't be our problem this was yours.

We did nothing wrong I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels put out here reevaluate and take care of your devoted customers!

Hi thebatman,

Please read the e-mail calmly and you'll understand that we have no intention to charge you again. We want to get the product to affected customer as soon as possible and at the same ensure our customers would have the same download access as placing the order through our eStore.

I'm wondering if you tried to place a new order with the coupon code provided. Did you encounter any error that got you charged again?

Ivan

Hi Ivan

I'm "cool" I just get fired up when a company sends you stock Emails, ok understandable there's 100's of thousands of customers out there that patronize your endeavor. But what gets me going and what I feel is a good business practice is to just let your customers know is sit tight your getting things fixed instead of wasting there time sending Emails with no where attachments making more problems.

I did what they said and I went to my Paypal account I wasn't refunded the money as one email said then I would have done step 2. When I used the code that was sent I was going to be charged $149.00 for the $129.00 Toast Pro 10 that I paid for already.

Once again I did nothing wrong here yes I'm letting it be known of how this is being handled and by the looks of some of the other Blogs it looks like I'm not the only one thats disappointed.

Thanks for getting back and let the person in charge of doing such a screwed up job have a few weeks off.

Hi Ivan

I'm "cool" I just get fired up when a company sends you stock Emails, ok understandable there's 100's of thousands of customers out there that patronize your endeavor. But what gets me going and what I feel is a good business practice is to just let your customers know is sit tight your getting things fixed instead of wasting there time sending Emails with no where attachments making more problems.

I did what they said and I went to my Paypal account I wasn't refunded the money as one email said then I would have done step 2. When I used the code that was sent I was going to be charged $149.00 for the $129.00 Toast Pro 10 that I paid for already.

Once again I did nothing wrong here yes I'm letting it be known of how this is being handled and by the looks of some of the other Blogs it looks like I'm not the only one thats disappointed.

Thanks for getting back and let the person in charge of doing such a screwed up job have a few weeks off.

Glad I decide against ordering Toast 10

Hi,

As i said Roxio refunded my first purchase.

I repurchased again and all was Ok.

What happens with my money charged the first time? it wil be returned?

I checked my PayPal account and i have paid twice.

Regards.

Taking some advice from other posters on this topic, I decided to cancel my original purchase (which came with the wrong download file) and purchase Toast 10 again. There was a benefit to doing it this way. My original purchase in response to the Roxio email solicitation was $129.00. When I purchased my current copy of Toast 10 I went throuygh the website and got the upgrade price of $99.00, so I saved either $30 or $50, depending on how you look at it.

Now it's off to see if they managed to fix the iTunes file name corruption issue with TiVo files.

It did download OK this time! The SonicFire app has some fairly cool options in it for scoring video, and there is two gig (yes) download of additional music that comes with it.

I was unable to download my purchase of Toast 10 Pro and, as yet, have received no response to my e-mails or support ticket!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi guys

I wanted to bring attention to this before it has more customers involved with this download fiasco.

Again this is for the Downloadable version not the hard copy version (unless your mailman slips on ice hits there head and delivers it to the wrong house) If someone would be so kind at Roxio to give us all the heads up that the coast is clear to purchase Toast 10 Pro with out all the fun Emails it would be greatly appreciated.

We the "customer" need no excuses just "Click" heres my money and heres the the product done.

I know there has to be someone at Roxio that reads these blogs (thats why I needed to get your attention) what ever happened to the customers right ?

Hope to see a good change in 2009 towards it's customers from Roxio.... and remember you have a captive audience but not captured.

:)

Guest ivanatrox

Hi All,

There shouldn't be any file issue now if you cancel your order and place new one for Toast 10 Pro. The refund for the first order will take a couple business days before it shows up in your credit card/Paypal account.

I understand the frustration you have with the orders you placed earlier. I ensure you that we are trying our best to get the product to our customer's hands as soon as possible. If you continue having this issue with your order or issue with the coupon code in your e-mail, please PM me your order number and I'll take appropriate action once I verify your order.

Thanks

Ivan

Hi Ivan

I knew you had it in yah!

See that didn't hurt this all good... communication is a good thing. now if Roxio could be more attentive to having who bought what using the Email address this would be a good thing. I must have gotten 5 or 6 emails asking me if I was interested in getting Toast 9 when I already owned my copy this is annoying Email and it lessons a company by repeating the same buy this buy this.

Just let whom ever is in charge of that get a better grip I'm a self business guy and my reputation is dependent on what I do and what I say.

Roxio makes great products and I have to say I'm a big supporter so this is why I had to send you guys a little blog'ins.

I'll wait to get my money refunded then go for the Toast 10.

Thanks

Edited by thebatman

Hi Ivan

As I looked in my paypal account I noticed I still haven't been credited my money Roxio has $129.00 of my money and looks like you have no intention of correcting this matter. Last I know this is freud on your part and very inconsiderate to a paying customer I would like this resolved now!

Your company is some piece of work you make like we did something wrong and we did,

we really on you to do the right thing.

I would like to know if any one else out there is going through this Download screw up and still haven't seen things cleared.

Please write in.......

Edited by thebatman

Guest ivanatrox

Hi thebatman,

My understanding is that you used the coupon code in the e-mail to placed a second order for Toast 10 Pro without charge which gives you the correct file for Toast 10 Pro. In such case, you paid once for the copy of Toast 10 Pro you received and there is no refund required.

However, if what I described above is not the case (you got charged twice or you paid once but never received the download link from the second order), you can PM me your order number and I can provide the refund for you.

Thanks

Ivan

Guest ivanatrox
Ivan

My order #5782156512 Please Refund me Thanks

Hi thebatman,

It's in process now. I'll PM you again when it's completed.

Ivan