• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Some Easy Media Creator Apps Stop Working

Krominator

Question

• I am using Easy Media Creator 9.1.0.68 on a WinXP Pro system with Service Pack 3 and IE 7. Several months ago, we had no problem creating DVD's with MyDVD and Videowave. Today they don't run. For example, Videowave and MyDVD give a bogus error that my video card fails to meet minimum specs and that I should upgrade. However, the card has not changed since I last used the program - it is a Radeon 9600 with 256 MB and works with DirectX 9.0c. That seems to meet all the requirements listed on the Roxio support pages. I would suspect that the true problem is a software compatibility issue, perhaps due to Windows Service Pack 3 or other update or patch. However, it would be helpful to know where to look, rather than reinstall Windows back to SP1 or SP2 to see if that fixes the problem.
  • Other Roxio programs, such as Creator Classic or Video import work fine.
  • The same thing happened on my other computer that has EMC 8 and WinXP Pro SP3. MyDVD totally crashed the computer and the Microsoft error report said that it was caused by a Sensaura driver. The only one on my computer was from Soundmax audio. I tried reinstalling the program and the 8.05 update, as well as updating the Soundmax driver, but it still doesn't work. Again, this computer worked when we made a DVD a couple months ago. It also has updated to Service Pack 3.
  • Is there is any info out there about Roxio programs compatibility with Windows XP SP3, IE7, etc?
  • The irony is that I am using EMC 8 on my Vista SP1 laptop at work, and MyDVD and VideoWave open fine. Anyone have any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Archived