• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mickzie

So How *do* I Get The Free Hd:bd Plugin That Was Promised To Me?

Question

As per the title. Can *ANYONE* at Roxio (or elsewhere) please tell me how I download my free HD:BD plugin? The web site insists that I have to pay $20 to purchase it.

I have sent 2 support questions to Roxio with no response for 2 days.

As per the title. Can *ANYONE* at Roxio (or elsewhere) please tell me how I download my free HD:BD plugin? The web site insists that I have to pay $20 to purchase it.

I have sent 2 support questions to Roxio with no response for 2 days.

It's the same for me.

I also opened a support request - and I also got no response within two days :(

It's the same for me.

I also opened a support request - and I also got no response within two days :(

Call sales using the 800 number. With the release of new products, they are probably overwhelmed with e-mail. They may consider phone calls higher priority than e-mails.

Go back to where you downloaded the program and see if there is a second download.

I know that sometimes we overlook things; are you sure it wasn't part of the original download?

I know that sometimes we overlook things; are you sure it wasn't part of the original download?

No, it wasn't part of the original download.

There is also no serial for the HD-Plugin in the email I got after the purchase. There is only a serial for Toast 10.

No, it wasn't part of the original download.

There is also no serial for the HD-Plugin in the email I got after the purchase. There is only a serial for Toast 10.

Did you register the product? If so go back and look at the registration of your products; it should show what you bought and what is pending.

"Or you could go to www.findmyorder.com/roxio and login with Order details where you could obtain the CDkey as well as download the product."

Did you try the phone call? It is pretty early to call.

Edited by sknis

Did you register the product? If so go back and look at the registration of your products; it should show what you bought and what is pending.

"Or you could go to www.findmyorder.com/roxio and login with Order details where you could obtain the CDkey as well as download the product."

Did you try the phone call? It is pretty early to call.

Yes, I registered my Toast 10 serial - of course.

When I open www.findmyorder.com/roxio, then I only find information about Toast - but nothing about the HD-Plugin.

The status of my order is "Order Complete"

It seems like the HD-Plugin is completely missing in my purchase. But I want it as advertised on the webpage "FREE High-Def Blue-Ray Disc Plug-in"...

By the way, I opened a help ticket on http://selfserve.roxio.com/. So far there is no response.

Guest ivanatrox

Hi Mickzie and Deep Thought,

Please PM me the order numbers you have. I would like find out the root cause of the issue. I'll get someone provide the plugin once I confirmed your order.

Please note that if an order is eligible for free HD plugin, the HD plugin would show up in the cart before proceeding to place secure order.

Thanks

Ivan

Please PM me the order numbers you have. I would like find out the root cause of the issue. I'll get someone provide the plugin once I confirmed your order.

Thanks

Ivan

I am in a similar situation and have just PM'ed you my Order Number & Serial Number. <_<

Hi,

Not sure if this is your case, but I purchased my version by download. Th email I received from digital river contained all the serial numbers for all the apps that require them one of which is the plugin for blue ray/hd.

Bob

Thanks

Ivan

I am in the same situation...

Hi,

Not sure if this is your case, but I purchased my version by download. Th email I received from digital river contained all the serial numbers for all the apps that require them one of which is the plugin for blue ray/hd.

Bob

My case is different. When I bought my copy, the free plugin was not included. It was added the day after I purchased the software. Thanks for the help.

Thanks

Ivan

am in a similar situation and have just PM'ed you my Order Number

I emailed my order number so that I can receive the plugin serial as well. Thanks,

Ivan requested you send him a Private Message (PM), not email.

Ivan requested you send him a Private Message (PM), not email.

Well, I PMed my order number, and Ivan has told me that if you purchase the upgrade to Toast 10, you do NOT get the free plug-in. Apparently it only comes with new, full price purchases of Toast 10. How nice of Roxio to penalize existing customers! So new customers pay $100 and get Toast 10 plus the plug-in, while existing customers pay $60 for the upgrade, plus another $20 for the plug-in. Not much of a break for loyal customers. It kind of takes the value out of the whole "upgrade" concept!

If anyone reading this purchased the upgrade and got a free plug-in - either with their purchase, or via a link from Ivan or someone else at Roxio after the fact - please let me know.

Thanks.

Well, I PMed my order number, and Ivan has told me that if you purchase the upgrade to Toast 10, you do NOT get the free plug-in. Apparently it only comes with new, full price purchases of Toast 10. How nice of Roxio to penalize existing customers! So new customers pay $100 and get Toast 10 plus the plug-in, while existing customers pay $60 for the upgrade, plus another $20 for the plug-in. Not much of a break for loyal customers. It kind of takes the value out of the whole "upgrade" concept!

If anyone reading this purchased the upgrade and got a free plug-in - either with their purchase, or via a link from Ivan or someone else at Roxio after the fact - please let me know.

Thanks.

Plus the new customers gets a 20 dollars ofdf mail in rebate so their total price including the plugin is 79.99 the same as the loyal customwrs who upgrade for 59.99 and then have to pay another 19.99 for the plugin. No break at all what a rip off.

Plus the new customers gets a 20 dollars ofdf mail in rebate so their total price including the plugin is 79.99 the same as the loyal customwrs who upgrade for 59.99 and then have to pay another 19.99 for the plugin. No break at all what a rip off.

I get your point. But then it makes the 99.99 upgrade for the Pro version look like an even better deal because it includes the plug in and some terrific other applications. I'm not suggesting you should want or like that option, but it is an attractive buy compared to the alternative.

Guest ivanatrox

Hi All,

I'm following the offers we have on our website regarding the HD plugin. However, if you made the purchase through any promotion e-mail with a different offer, I will honor that e-mail offer if you can forward me the e-mail.

Thanks

Ivan

Note: If an order is eligible for free HD plugin, the HD plugin would show up in the cart before proceeding to place secure order.

I get your point. But then it makes the 99.99 upgrade for the Pro version look like an even better deal because it includes the plug in and some terrific other applications. I'm not suggesting you should want or like that option, but it is an attractive buy compared to the alternative.

Well I agree with you now, but I'm already stuck with the standard version with no plugin and no way that I can see to update to the pro version from the standard version. So I'm still screwed. Hope others read this forum before they buy.

Well I agree with you now, but I'm already stuck with the standard version with no plugin and no way that I can see to update to the pro version from the standard version. So I'm still screwed. Hope others read this forum before they buy.

If you purchased online from Roxio they offer a 30-day refund policy so you could "return" your order of Toast 10 Standard and buy the Pro version as a new order.

Well, I keep upgrading hoping that new features added to the previous version are actually fixed in the current version since there is little to no maintenance releases in between. But I believe this is my last time I will upgrade. There is little in the way of product innovation between releases. The few new features have little or no documentation to accompany them. The free plugin would have been a good way to reward returning customers for their loyalty. But if this is the official response then I say that I am done and good riddance.

Any one else want to weigh in? Is any one else sick and tired of the code quality in this product??

Well, I keep upgrading hoping that new features added to the previous version are actually fixed in the current version since there is little to no maintenance releases in between. But I believe this is my last time I will upgrade. There is little in the way of product innovation between releases. The few new features have little or no documentation to accompany them. The free plugin would have been a good way to reward returning customers for their loyalty. But if this is the official response then I say that I am done and good riddance.

Any one else want to weigh in? Is any one else sick and tired of the code quality in this product??

William, since you only have three posts (and this is one of them) it seems like you don't come here for help often. Perhaps if you did......?

I notice that the bubble with the "free" information is missing from the page where I updated. I guess Roxio figured it out. The plug in was important to me when I upgraded, but that's the price of doing business in this economy. Trust no one. My registration go back to Toast 6. This may very well be the last time I upgrade until there is a hardware need. Roxio doesn't need my money as much as I do.

Shame on them.

I notice that the bubble with the "free" information is missing from the page where I updated. I guess Roxio figured it out. The plug in was important to me when I upgraded, but that's the price of doing business in this economy. Trust no one. My registration go back to Toast 6. This may very well be the last time I upgrade until there is a hardware need. Roxio doesn't need my money as much as I do.

Shame on them.

I opened a support ticket and explained my situation to them (Toast 9 owner, received the email with the free plug-in offer -- although the email only showed the price for new users, and not for upgrades --, purchased the upgrade, didn't get my plug-in) and yesterday the Roxio support team sent me an email with a link to download the free plug-in.

So despite what Ivan said, they ARE providing the plug-in to Toast 9 users who upgrade -- even though the promo email I received didn't specifically mention upgrades in relation to the free plug-in. Open a support ticket and hopefully you'll get the same result I did.