• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Avchd Problem With Toast 9

SamT

Question

I bought Toast 9 less than a month ago to do one thing, convert AVCHD and it doesn't do this properly. (The converted video repeats the 1st frame 7 times. This puts the audio out of sync!) I'm very unhappy that this will never be fixed in Toast 9 now that Toast 10 is here, so it was a waste of money. Also, like many others I'm angry that there is no free upgrade path for customers who have just purchased Toast 9! NOT A WISE WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS.

1 answer to this question

I bought Toast 9 less than a month ago to do one thing, convert AVCHD and it doesn't do this properly. (The converted video repeats the 1st frame 7 times. This puts the audio out of sync!) I'm very unhappy that this will never be fixed in Toast 9 now that Toast 10 is here, so it was a waste of money. Also, like many others I'm angry that there is no free upgrade path for customers who have just purchased Toast 9! NOT A WISE WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS.

How are you getting the video onto your computer - are you using the Pixela software or just copying the memory card to your computer? Do you have other things running at the same time? Do you have a lot of free space on you hard drive?

I did a search for a similar problem is all the forums and have found nothing that comes close. That usually means that the issue is not a bug (where it affects everyine) but may be tied to the particular set up on a particular computer along with other prossible programs. Thta means it is difficult to find a solution.

I Googled for information on that camera and found lots of issues with the format. For instance this . There are many more posts all over the place that discuss difficulties with that camera and video file format. I did not do another search for your particular issue with google.

Sorry, I know that this doesn't help and would also suggest that upgrading to Toast 10 would not be a solution. :unsure:

BTW, PowerMac G5 is like saying you own a Ford; it doesn't say a lot about the computer's hardware. You might want to add that information to your signature by going to 'My Controls" at the top of this page and then editing your signature to put some hardware information there. It will show up in all your past and future and future posts.

I do not believe that you could use Toast 10 anyway since I believe that you have OSX 10.4. Toast 10 requires OSX 10.5 or higher.

Archived