• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jonpyne

Play Next Title

Question

Coupla questions on titles.

1. Return to Menu

Under File | Project Settings | After a Title Finishes Playing ... I have Play Next Title

In the Advanced Options in Burn, I have the same setting.

When playing back on a DVD player, either on the same computer (InterVideo WinDVD 5) or dedicated (Philips), my DVD stubbornly thrusts a menu at me at the end of any title, though.

When viewing the project in Preview in DVD Builder, it does move on to the next title.

This is presumably a burn problem. The only burn speed option seems to be in Disc Copier - I have admittedly not tried this, but been burning directly from DVD Builder.

2. Title Sequence

Is there any way to change the sequence in which titles play? I have not always had Problem 1. Before I acquired it, I noticed that titles will only play in the order in which they are added to a project.

Using Roxio EMC 7.1.1.189. I installed a patch at some point.

thanks

jON

7 answers to this question

I had this same problem burning (from an .iso) on two different computers, using various different media (TDK, Verbatim, Fuji) and several DVD players for playback. I eventually found the answer, though.

In case anyone else should encounter it, let me put them out of their misery.

Under Project Settings in DVD Builder, make sure that Recording Format is set to DVD-Video and not DVD+VR... :)

jON

I've been using Roxio for a couple of years now. I'm still on 7.5. In DVD Builder > Burn > Show Advanced Settings, there had always been an option to either "Play Next Title" or "Return to Menu" after a title plays. I always choose "Play next title". Within the past 24 hours, this option box has disappeared from my Burn menu! In its place is an option for Recording Format (DVD-Video vs +VR). I tried taking another route to that menu by going through File > Project Settings, but it made no difference.

I previewed the DVD, and by default, it's going to return to the menu after each title. But this particular DVD is going to have 15 titles on it (music videos) and I'd really rather not have to choose and hit Play after each one. How can I get my beloved "Return to Menu" option back? Why did it vanish in the first place?

I should add that I installed Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 yesterday. It jacked with my DVD Builder, so I looked around on this forum and found other threads on here about IE7. Now I've uninstalled IE7 and rolled back to my previous IE version. Sure enough, that fixed everything in DVD Builder -- except this "Return to Menu" thing.

Thanks

Brian

Oklahoma City

I've been using Roxio for a couple of years now. I'm still on 7.5. In DVD Builder > Burn > Show Advanced Settings, there had always been an option to either "Play Next Title" or "Return to Menu" after a title plays. I always choose "Play next title". Within the past 24 hours, this option box has disappeared from my Burn menu! In its place is an option for Recording Format (DVD-Video vs +VR). I tried taking another route to that menu by going through File > Project Settings, but it made no difference.

I previewed the DVD, and by default, it's going to return to the menu after each title. But this particular DVD is going to have 15 titles on it (music videos) and I'd really rather not have to choose and hit Play after each one. How can I get my beloved "Return to Menu" option back? Why did it vanish in the first place?

I should add that I installed Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 yesterday. It jacked with my DVD Builder, so I looked around on this forum and found other threads on here about IE7. Now I've uninstalled IE7 and rolled back to my previous IE version. Sure enough, that fixed everything in DVD Builder -- except this "Return to Menu" thing.

Thanks

Brian

Oklahoma City

Try a Repair of EMC7.5 and see if that solves the issue.

Any more ideas? What in the world would cause that option to disappear, and how can I get it back?

Thanks

Brian

I do not appear to have that option either. Was it removed because of an update? I have version 7.0.397.0 of DVD Builder. Can someone help me figure out how to get it back?

Guest ml
I do not appear to have that option either. Was it removed because of an update? I have version 7.0.397.0 of DVD Builder. Can someone help me figure out how to get it back?

It wasn't available in that version. Have you tried updating the software? I'm not certain if an update is available for that version or if it included Play next title, but give it a try.

You won't be able to use the Update in EMC 7. That's been disabled.

You have to visit the Roxio Support Update page to get the download.