• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Exporting Video_ts Loses Multichannel Sound

Fredster

Question

Hi all, I've been playing with toast 10's ability to export a VIDEO_TS folder for playing on an AppleTV or PS3 and the re-encoding works fine but I'm losing the 5.1 sound stream and just getting stereo, there seems to be an audio passthru option in the custom audio tab, but it's grayed out.

Is there no way to get the multi channel audio encoded with the stream?

Edited by Fredster

8 answers to this question

This was not possible in Toast 9 but I haven't had a chance to check it out in Toast 10 as yet. It may be you'll need to use the workaround that involved demuxing the video and audio from the source file and then adding the AC3 audio to the Toast-converted video using QuickTime Pro. I need to refresh myself about how that is done as well.

How do you do it if you want to burn a movie onto a disc, for example a AVCHD-disc with the BD-plugin? Can you keep the multichannel sound then?

I've exported MKV's thru QT Pro to get a MOV-file with multichannel sound. But when I try to burn it, Toast only produces stereo sound when it's converting it. :-/

Is there a way for Toast to leave the sound intact?

How do you do it if you want to burn a movie onto a disc, for example a AVCHD-disc with the BD-plugin? Can you keep the multichannel sound then?

I've exported MKV's thru QT Pro to get a MOV-file with multichannel sound. But when I try to burn it, Toast only produces stereo sound when it's converting it. :-/

Is there a way for Toast to leave the sound intact?

If Toast has to re-encode the video for a video DVD it only can create a 2-channel stereo audio track unless the source audio track is already AC-3 in which case I believe Toast will multiplex that track without changing it.

If Toast has to re-encode the video for a video DVD it only can create a 2-channel stereo audio track unless the source audio track is already AC-3 in which case I believe Toast will multiplex that track without changing it.

The original source has AC3 (5.1) and I guess Toast merge them together. But IF I don't want that? Any tips?

The original source has AC3 (5.1) and I guess Toast merge them together. But IF I don't want that? Any tips?

I'm confused. Your previous post wanted to have the multiple audio tracks and this one indicates you don't want the multiple audio tracks. Please help me understand better what you're wanting to do and what isn't working out the way that you want.

Sorry for the late answer, but I WANT the multichannel sound. I just meant that I don't want Toast to merge the channels to be only stereo, I want Toast fingers OFF the sound, just leave the multichannel sound be, so to speak. :)

Toast does not have the ability to preserve the AC-3 sound in its exports to AppleTV format. I believe there are applications that can do this but I don't recall which ones. You might search the AppleTV forum at discussions.apple.com to find out how others are retaining the AC-3 audio track.