• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photo Suite 8

LeeWilliams

Is this the program I need to backup photos to DVDs and CD-RW etc....

I am looking for something straight forward and right now am the owner of Roxio Media Creator 7.0. It used to work o.k. but now will not preview pictures and has several other problems. I called someone by phone a few days ago and was told that Photo Suite 8 would be the way to go. Do I get it for the 10.00 less Upgrade price because I now have Media Creator 7.0 or do I have to pay full price for the full program. Is the program capable of saving photos in the order and manner of your chosing, before backing up? The page that shows Photo Suite 8 does not give you much information.........

Lee :blink::rolleyes:

Edited by LeeWilliams

You'd have to ask Roxio Customer Service, but I doubt seriously that you would get an upgrade price since EMC 7 is actually 5 versions behind the current version, and Photosuite 8 is 3 versions behind.

I don't understand why Roxio is still selling PhotoSuite 8. It's not the way to go.

If you installed Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7) and/or Windows Media Player 10 (WMP 10), then that may very well be the cause of your problems with EMC 7. Both of those effectively kill EMC 7, 7.5, and 8.

You'd have to ask Roxio Customer Service, but I doubt seriously that you would get an upgrade price since EMC 7 is actually 5 versions behind the current version, and Photosuite 8 is 3 versions behind.

I don't understand why Roxio is still selling PhotoSuite 8. It's not the way to go.

If you installed Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7) and/or Windows Media Player 10 (WMP 10), then that may very well be the cause of your problems with EMC 7. Both of those effectively kill EMC 7, 7.5, and 8.

...I had called someone about a week ago(Sales, I think, and they told me PhotoSuite 8 was the way to go. Am I correct that you are saying ..Upgrade to Roxio 10.0.... and that is the only reasonable option for what I want to do?.....What is your take on the CD Creator program.. Is it worth anything? If I upg to Roxio 10.0 it is a $50.00 cost ....In your opinion is that the best way to go? What I want is something that I can store all my photos with and organize them a little before putting on CDs or DVDs ...(whatever is best)....

:) I have seen several of your posts and trust your judgement.............

Lee

If the idea of these backups is to KEEP the data, use R media. It is possible to do multi-sessions.

RW media is useful for testing if something works (if it doesn't, erase the RW disc; if it does, re-do it on R media), and for transferring data, and other short-term usages, but NOT for anything long-term.

If you hit the "delete" key you don't get the space back on either R or RW media - the difference is you can erase the ENTIRE RW disc and start over.

Lynn