Can't Edit

meinbmw

Question

I created a production and burned it to DVD .... but now I want to go back and tweak/improve the production. When I go into edit the production (want to add additional photos for example), I click on "add photo/video" and the program just sits there and does nothing. The hourglass cursor sits there telling me that it is thinking, but nothing happens - even if I wait for 30 minutes .... nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Curt

2 answers to this question

If you are trying to edit a VideoWave file (that's a guess since you didn't give us any information) then your Media Manager database might have become corrupted. Try the fix posted here. If that doesn't work, come back and give us more information about what you are trying to do. You didn't delete the images/video files that you used for the production did you? If so, you can capture the video from that DVD and then edit the captured file. It is tricky but not impossible since it is one one long movie.

I created a production and burned it to DVD .... but now I want to go back and tweak/improve the production. When I go into edit the production (want to add additional photos for example), I click on "add photo/video" and the program just sits there and does nothing. The hourglass cursor sits there telling me that it is thinking, but nothing happens - even if I wait for 30 minutes .... nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Curt

Tried the fix ... did not work. Now I have two Media Manager folders ... one ends in .old

Yes, this is a VideoWave production.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Any ideas?

Curt

By the way, when this problem first came up, I called tech support. They said to clear out the proxy files (cache?) ... did that and that worked to help me get the production finished. But now I want to make changes to it and can't ... even with the fix you suggested.

Any ideas?

Curt

Archived