• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem Splitting And Editing Videos

knightofarmor

Question

Hello. I am running windows xp. I have installed EMC 7. I am having lots of trouble splitting my videos. When I choose my split location and click the split button. The video succesfully splits but the 2nd half is completely black and loses all the video content. The first half works but the second doesn't. I have tried updated my video card drivers, running in different resolution, and still not having any luck. Videowave is basically pointless if i am not able to cut and trim videos.

Thank you so much for your time.

All help is appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Hello. I am running windows xp. I have installed EMC 7. I am having lots of trouble splitting my videos. When I choose my split location and click the split button. The video succesfully splits but the 2nd half is completely black and loses all the video content. The first half works but the second doesn't. I have tried updated my video card drivers, running in different resolution, and still not having any luck. Videowave is basically pointless if i am not able to cut and trim videos.

Thank you so much for your time.

All help is appreciated.

Do you have IE7 installed or WMP 11? If yes then they break EMC 7 and will have to be uninstalled.

Does this problem occur with all videos? I am assuming you are using Videowave to do your splits. How long in time is the video?

Do you have IE7 installed or WMP 11? If yes then they break EMC 7 and will have to be uninstalled.

Does this problem occur with all videos? I am assuming you are using Videowave to do your splits. How long in time is the video?

I have IE and WMP installed on my machine but for some reason I cannot delete/uninstall them because it says they are in use. I am absolutely positive they are not being used by any program on my machine. Is it possible they are attached to xp and are unable to be removed?

I have tried lots of different videos and most of them are about 2-5 minutes long.

I have IE and WMP installed on my machine but for some reason I cannot delete/uninstall them because it says they are in use.

You might have XP SP 3 installed on that computer and you have to uninstall that first.

Instructions here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

Uninstalling IE 7 seems to be the most important, so try that before you try uninstalling WMP 11.

I have IE and WMP installed on my machine but for some reason I cannot delete/uninstall them because it says they are in use. I am absolutely positive they are not being used by any program on my machine. Is it possible they are attached to xp and are unable to be removed?

I have tried lots of different videos and most of them are about 2-5 minutes long.

If you do not have IE7 and/or WMP 11 then you do not need to uninstall. Read my post #2 again :blink:

What kind of videos are you using? "Lots of different" does not tell us very much. What format, where did they come from? Does it happen with every video clip? Do you get any sound when you play the 2nd half?

What are your system specs, especially video card?

If you do not have IE7 and/or WMP 11 then you do not need to uninstall. Read my post #2 again :blink:

What kind of videos are you using? "Lots of different" does not tell us very much. What format, where did they come from? Does it happen with every video clip? Do you get any sound when you play the 2nd half?

What are your system specs, especially video card?

Hey guys. I figured out my problem. Aparently my converter was the problem. All is fixed and is running smoothly now. Thank you guys so much for your help.

Hey guys. I figured out my problem. Aparently my converter was the problem. All is fixed and is running smoothly now. Thank you guys so much for your help.

What converter are you talking about? What did you do to fix your problem? That kind of information might help some one else in the future :rolleyes:

It sounds like his 'converter' was not capturing all the video and when he 'split' it, that's when he found out that the video hadn't been captured ( the black screen )

Glad you got it fixed! :)

Archived