• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Handling Avchd Files

PartiallyGeorge

Question

Hi all,

Since there is no trial copy of C2009 available for downloading, I really need some information on the product before rushing to buy it... And I apologise for mentioning a lot of competitor programmes, but, as you see, I mainly mention them in a derogative contest.

1. I presume, C2009 can handle T2MS files from my HD camcorder. My question is: does it handle AC3 5.1 audio I use in my recordings and is it capable of outputting it as it is (at 448kbps) into AVCHD discs? Because, for example, a competitor software (namely, Cyberlink MediaDirector, does not, it outputs everything as stereo at 256 kbps (or PCM stereo at 1536kbps).

2. Does C2009 output 1920x1080 AVCHD's? Not all software is capable of doing it (as far as I know, Sony's Vegas Pro only outputs 1440x1080 AVCHD's)

3. Is it possible to fine-tune the output bit rate of the AVCHD and BD video?

4. Does C2009 allow a 2-pass encoding in order to improve output quality?

5. Can C2009 do 'smart encoding', i.e. not re-encode unchanged pieces of video when transferring camcorder's T2MS to AVCHD's (or Blu-ray's) T2MS? Again, as far as I know, neither Sony Vegas, nor Pinnacle's software allow this, they re-encode entire video (which, in the case of AVCHD video, can take many hours.). Note: Nero 8 has this functionality.

6. Can C2009 video module (is it VideoWave?) apply transitions and minimal audio effects (like fade-in/out) to audio? (both main audio from the video clips and additional audio tracks, like voice-over and soundtrack). For example, Nero 8 cannot, which makes it impossible to use, when you need to add only a fragment of an audio file to the overall audio of your video.

7. Will I be able to record voice-overs (narrations) with the C2009 video module? I need this functionality, and I found nothing in the description of the product...

It would be better, of course, to be able to download a trial copy of the product in order to be able to evaluate it properly, but since no such thing is possible, this is the only way to get any information on the product.

4 answers to this question

1. Roxio only outputs stereo 2 channel audio at this time

2. Does C2009 output 1920x1080 AVCHD's? Yes

3. Is it possible to fine-tune the output bit rate of the AVCHD and BD video? Not really, but there are several preset choices:

AVC better Quality = 800x450@1.95Mbps

AVC good quality = 640x260@1Mbps

AVC smaller size = 480x270@1Mbps

AVCHD 1080i = 1920X1080@4.88Mbps 24fps

AVCHD 720p = 1280x720@4.88Mbps 24fps

Bluray AVC EP = 1280x720@6.84Mbps 24fps

Bluray AVC HQ = 1280x720@14.65Mbps 24fps

Bluray AVC LP (NTSC) = 1440x1080@9.77Mbps, interlaced

Bluray AVC SP (NTSC) = 1920X1080@11.72Mbps, interlaced

4. Does C2009 allow a 2-pass encoding in order to improve output quality? NO

5. Can C2009 do 'smart encoding', NO, in fact I only know fo one application that will 'smat render' AVCHD and that's the software that comes with Sony camcorders.

6. Can C2009 video module (is it VideoWave?) apply transitions and minimal audio effects (like fade-in/out) to audio? Yes

7. Will I be able to record voice-overs (narrations) with the C2009 video module? Yes

Thank you very much for your kind replies, ggrussell

5. Can C2009 do 'smart encoding', NO, in fact I only know fo one application that will 'smat render' AVCHD and that's the software that comes with Sony camcorders.

No, actually, Nero Vision 5 (included in Nero 8) DOES THIS too. I know that for sure, 'cause I own this product. And it didn't come with my Sony camcorder.

Well, it seems like I hit a snag again... Stereo only. Hence, unusable.

Archived