• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Changing Movie Order In Mydvd

CryinCarla

Question

Can someone please tell me how to rearrange the movie order in MyDvd? I have been editing in MyDVD since it only hangs up after every 3 or 4 manual "pan and zoom" changes -- in videowave it hangs up immediately. I am not looking for advice on the hangs -- I have learned to just be patient because I have Vista. But I know there has got to be a way to reorder the movies in myDVD. Please tell me it can be done!

4 answers to this question

If you don't want to redo the movie you created in myDVD, switch to the "edit movie" and then output that movie as an mpeg file. Make you you save that dmsd project. Then start a new myDVD project and you can add that mpeg file. This way you don't have to redo the who;e movie in Videowave.

Oh wow. That's a great idea! The movie came out fabulous. I am so excited. I love Roxio but I really wonder if the hangs on the "pan and zoom" editor are the fault of the version 9 software or my lame Vista laptop. I would purchase the new software if I thought that was the problem, but I just don't know if it will be any different (on my crappy computer which has all kinds of spyware, antivirus software, etc. that I don't know a thing about). I love choosing the exact timing to the photos and zooming in on a special person or whatever. You don't get that in the cheap-o movie programs. What to do? What to do?

Can someone please tell me how to rearrange the movie order in MyDvd? I have been editing in MyDVD since it only hangs up after every 3 or 4 manual "pan and zoom" changes -- in videowave it hangs up immediately. I am not looking for advice on the hangs -- I have learned to just be patient because I have Vista. But I know there has got to be a way to reorder the movies in myDVD. Please tell me it can be done!

There is no good way of doing this. You are much better off starting again since you already have the video projects done in Video Wave. Add the project files to My DVD in the order you want them. Moving them around MAY screw up the navigation so that you cannot reach some of the videos.

Post your computer spec in your signature by going to the top of the page and selecting My Controls and then edit signature. What you put there will show up in past and future posts.

Now as for you hangs and Vista. There are typically two way of fixing the issue depending on you video card/chip.

1) Update the drivers for you card/chip from the computer manufacturer or from the card manufacturer. I'm not familiar with Vista but in XP, you would go to Windows>Start> Run> type dxdiag> OK and then go to the display tab. On the left of that page will be your video device information and on the right will be the drivers number and date. Post that in a reply post.

2) In Video Wave, go to the top menu, select tools>options> put a dot near software. That should cure the hangs unless you really have an underpowered machine.

Thanks for your help. The reason I was trying to avoid making a new production is that I edited the LAST movie in MyDVD rather than videowave. And so now it's the first movie and I have 2 more to put in front of it. I have already done all my timing and pan & zooms in production and so I guess now I will have to go back and re-do them in videowave. And try to remember what all I did! I'm a freak about having every word fit perfectly to every photo. And most of my photos have black bars on top & bottom so I have to re-pan & zoom them. I was going to go get the new version today but got to working on my other videowaves and never got around to it. It's hanging up much less than usual. Hoorah! Everyone talks about other software that is "so easy" but there ain't nothing like Roxio if you are a perfectionist like me! I like to tell a whole story to music rather than just slapping in a bunch of pictures to a song and seeing what happens.

I'm going to go see if I can update my driver. Thanks again for your response.

Thanks for your help. The reason I was trying to avoid making a new production is that I edited the LAST movie in MyDVD rather than videowave. And so now it's the first movie and I have 2 more to put in front of it. I have already done all my timing and pan & zooms in production and so I guess now I will have to go back and re-do them in videowave. And try to remember what all I did! I'm a freak about having every word fit perfectly to every photo. And most of my photos have black bars on top & bottom so I have to re-pan & zoom them. I was going to go get the new version today but got to working on my other videowaves and never got around to it. It's hanging up much less than usual. Hoorah! Everyone talks about other software that is "so easy" but there ain't nothing like Roxio if you are a perfectionist like me! I like to tell a whole story to music rather than just slapping in a bunch of pictures to a song and seeing what happens.

I'm going to go see if I can update my driver. Thanks again for your response.

If you don't want to redo the movie you created in myDVD, switch to the "edit movie" and then output that movie as an mpeg file. Make you you save that dmsd project. Then start a new myDVD project and you can add that mpeg file. This way you don't have to redo the who;e movie in Videowave.

Archived